Here's a recap of the first boys and girls basketball games of 2013 played on Wednesday night.
MORGAN 70, BEN LOMOND 58: Jake Miles led Morgan to victory with 19 points while Cameron Skinner added 16 points. Morgan made 11 more free throws than Ben Lomond which was led by Sterling Brandley who scored 22 points.
BEAR RIVER 65, OGDEN 55: Wade Miller tallied 23 points, nine of which came from distance, while grabbing five rebounds and dishing out five assists to lead the Bears to the win.
DIAMOND RANCH 56, MILFORD 49: Diamond Ranch outscored Milford 18-12 to pull away for its first region win of the year. Sam Brown led the way for the D-Backs with 19 points.
BRYCE VALLEY 80, VALLEY 37: The Mustangs gave up just 11 points between the second and third quarters as Hunter Mecham led five Bryce Valley scorers in double figures with 15 points.
LOGAN 72, PARK CITY 61: Tyler Brimhall posted 31 points as the Grizzlies closed the first half on a 20-9 run on its way to a solid preseason victory over Park City.
JUDGE MEMORIAL 61, MURRAY 51: Judge Memorial used a balanced scoring attack with four players scoring in double figures to get the big win at home. Patrick Neville led the Bulldogs with 16 points, while Murray's Justin Adams led all scorers with 17 points.
SOUTH SEVIER 68, CARBON 64: Race Parsons knocked down eight 3-pointers and finished with 35 points while Austin Clark and Alani Pututau teamed up for 26 to lead South Sevier. Derek Young had 26 points in the loss.
KEARNS 62, LEHI 56: Kearns had four players eclipse double digit scoring figures and collectively hit six treys from beyond the arc for the win. Dayan Goodman led Kearns with 18 points, with Bushman Ebet, Darion Brown and Henry Rodriguez combining for 41 more points.
ROY 63, TAYLORSVILLE 46: Brekkott Chapman went off for 25 points and Roy collectively hit seven 3-pointers to handle Taylorsville fairly easy on the road after holding the Warriors to three total points in the second quarter.
PINNACLE 96, WENDOVER 66: Pinnacle was unconscious offensively, scoring an average of three points per minute to run away from Wendover. Taje Richardson, Javanni Alyzayyat, Jake Hardy and Dalton Rudman combined for 85 points.
WASATCH 45, PAYSON 33: Wasatch had eight different players find the score sheet and defensively held Payson under double digits in all four quarters for the win.
BOUNTIFUL 62, OLYMPUS 56: In a battle of ranked 4A teams, Bountiful led start to finish in its victory over Olympus despite committing 24 turnovers. The Braves were led by Zach Seljaas who scored 18 points and drained two 3-pointers.
BRIGHTON 69, BINGHAM 50: Brighton exploded for 29 points in the opening quarter and coasted from that point forward. Brandon Miller dropped 29 points with five 3-pointers and Bryce Callahan added 12 points.
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 153
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 103
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29