Terrell Dougan ought to get out more ("Tasteless Donny Osmond," Dec. 30). The "film clip" he so roundly criticized in the Donny and Marie show was a stunt act. The "policeman" Donny pushed over was a stuntman, the motorcycle rider was a stunt driver, and the man wearing a toupee was an actor.
He failed to mention the wonderful film clips of great actors who worked with Donny and Marie through the years and are no longer with us. My prayers were answered when Donny sang the two most popular songs from "Joseph and the Amazing Tecnicolor Dreamcoat."
He must have been one of the few sitting down for the many standing ovations that were given by a house filled with happily cheering fans.
Salt Lake City
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 55
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 19