Terrell Dougan ought to get out more ("Tasteless Donny Osmond," Dec. 30). The "film clip" he so roundly criticized in the Donny and Marie show was a stunt act. The "policeman" Donny pushed over was a stuntman, the motorcycle rider was a stunt driver, and the man wearing a toupee was an actor.
He failed to mention the wonderful film clips of great actors who worked with Donny and Marie through the years and are no longer with us. My prayers were answered when Donny sang the two most popular songs from "Joseph and the Amazing Tecnicolor Dreamcoat."
He must have been one of the few sitting down for the many standing ovations that were given by a house filled with happily cheering fans.
Salt Lake City
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25