Terrell Dougan ought to get out more ("Tasteless Donny Osmond," Dec. 30). The "film clip" he so roundly criticized in the Donny and Marie show was a stunt act. The "policeman" Donny pushed over was a stuntman, the motorcycle rider was a stunt driver, and the man wearing a toupee was an actor.
He failed to mention the wonderful film clips of great actors who worked with Donny and Marie through the years and are no longer with us. My prayers were answered when Donny sang the two most popular songs from "Joseph and the Amazing Tecnicolor Dreamcoat."
He must have been one of the few sitting down for the many standing ovations that were given by a house filled with happily cheering fans.
Salt Lake City
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: Move to the center
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 70
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 29
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Move to the center 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 20