Terrell Dougan ought to get out more ("Tasteless Donny Osmond," Dec. 30). The "film clip" he so roundly criticized in the Donny and Marie show was a stunt act. The "policeman" Donny pushed over was a stuntman, the motorcycle rider was a stunt driver, and the man wearing a toupee was an actor.
He failed to mention the wonderful film clips of great actors who worked with Donny and Marie through the years and are no longer with us. My prayers were answered when Donny sang the two most popular songs from "Joseph and the Amazing Tecnicolor Dreamcoat."
He must have been one of the few sitting down for the many standing ovations that were given by a house filled with happily cheering fans.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14