Terrell Dougan ought to get out more ("Tasteless Donny Osmond," Dec. 30). The "film clip" he so roundly criticized in the Donny and Marie show was a stunt act. The "policeman" Donny pushed over was a stuntman, the motorcycle rider was a stunt driver, and the man wearing a toupee was an actor.
He failed to mention the wonderful film clips of great actors who worked with Donny and Marie through the years and are no longer with us. My prayers were answered when Donny sang the two most popular songs from "Joseph and the Amazing Tecnicolor Dreamcoat."
He must have been one of the few sitting down for the many standing ovations that were given by a house filled with happily cheering fans.
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30