I totally disagree with Doug Robinson's opinion of Les Miserables ("'Les Miserables' a couple of singers short of a musical," Jan. 1). Since when does a sports writer become a movie critic?
A musical is supposed to be sung 24/7 — that's what a musical is. My wife didn't drag me to it; I went willingly and enjoyed all two-plus hours.
Culture can be found in many other places than at the bottom of a yogurt cup. It's called ART.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- My View: Protecting Moab through a Master...
- Arthur Cyr: How Harry Potter creator trumps...
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- In our opinion: Drone use must be regulated...
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner Trump...
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic economics in...
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment 93
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 44
- Letter: Climate change disagreements 42
- Letter: Knowledge about guns 30
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic... 28
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner... 25
- In our opinion: California considering... 23