I totally disagree with Doug Robinson's opinion of Les Miserables ("'Les Miserables' a couple of singers short of a musical," Jan. 1). Since when does a sports writer become a movie critic?
A musical is supposed to be sung 24/7 — that's what a musical is. My wife didn't drag me to it; I went willingly and enjoyed all two-plus hours.
Culture can be found in many other places than at the bottom of a yogurt cup. It's called ART.
Salt Lake City
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 70
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 29
- Letters: Move to the center 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 20