I totally disagree with Doug Robinson's opinion of Les Miserables ("'Les Miserables' a couple of singers short of a musical," Jan. 1). Since when does a sports writer become a movie critic?
A musical is supposed to be sung 24/7 — that's what a musical is. My wife didn't drag me to it; I went willingly and enjoyed all two-plus hours.
Culture can be found in many other places than at the bottom of a yogurt cup. It's called ART.
Salt Lake City
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How will...
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Dan Liljenquist: Chaffetz's search for... 84
- Letters: No welfare, ever 51
- My view: Climate argument is shortsighted 35
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 29
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 20