I recently watched "Pocketful of Miracles," an old movie with Betty Davis. One scene showed Davis made over for her daughter, who was going to visit her in New York. It showed her hair dresser and dress makers come out all disheveled and hair askew, fanning themselves.
Who does this remind you of but the Senate and Congress over this so-called "fiscal cliff?" They came out at the last minute from closed meetings acting just like Davis' assistants.
I recommend them for an Academy Award. Can't the public see it is all a movie script? Are we so dumbed down that we can't see it is all a show, trying to impress the public about how hard they work ? As for me, I'm not impressed.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 48
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 38
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 25
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17