I recently watched "Pocketful of Miracles," an old movie with Betty Davis. One scene showed Davis made over for her daughter, who was going to visit her in New York. It showed her hair dresser and dress makers come out all disheveled and hair askew, fanning themselves.
Who does this remind you of but the Senate and Congress over this so-called "fiscal cliff?" They came out at the last minute from closed meetings acting just like Davis' assistants.
I recommend them for an Academy Award. Can't the public see it is all a movie script? Are we so dumbed down that we can't see it is all a show, trying to impress the public about how hard they work ? As for me, I'm not impressed.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 52
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 27
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 21
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20