I recently watched "Pocketful of Miracles," an old movie with Betty Davis. One scene showed Davis made over for her daughter, who was going to visit her in New York. It showed her hair dresser and dress makers come out all disheveled and hair askew, fanning themselves.
Who does this remind you of but the Senate and Congress over this so-called "fiscal cliff?" They came out at the last minute from closed meetings acting just like Davis' assistants.
I recommend them for an Academy Award. Can't the public see it is all a movie script? Are we so dumbed down that we can't see it is all a show, trying to impress the public about how hard they work ? As for me, I'm not impressed.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 112
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 74
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 62
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 51
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33