I recently watched "Pocketful of Miracles," an old movie with Betty Davis. One scene showed Davis made over for her daughter, who was going to visit her in New York. It showed her hair dresser and dress makers come out all disheveled and hair askew, fanning themselves.
Who does this remind you of but the Senate and Congress over this so-called "fiscal cliff?" They came out at the last minute from closed meetings acting just like Davis' assistants.
I recommend them for an Academy Award. Can't the public see it is all a movie script? Are we so dumbed down that we can't see it is all a show, trying to impress the public about how hard they work ? As for me, I'm not impressed.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29