I recently watched "Pocketful of Miracles," an old movie with Betty Davis. One scene showed Davis made over for her daughter, who was going to visit her in New York. It showed her hair dresser and dress makers come out all disheveled and hair askew, fanning themselves.
Who does this remind you of but the Senate and Congress over this so-called "fiscal cliff?" They came out at the last minute from closed meetings acting just like Davis' assistants.
I recommend them for an Academy Award. Can't the public see it is all a movie script? Are we so dumbed down that we can't see it is all a show, trying to impress the public about how hard they work ? As for me, I'm not impressed.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14