Susan Walsh, AP
Washington has finally reached the level of obnoxious.
They are right up there with Hollywood and the Lindsay Lohans and Paris Hiltons of the world. They are so insecure that they have to always be in the limelight, doing whatever it takes to get noticed and have some camera time. No wonder nothing gets done. It is no longer "for the people, by the people." It is the "all about me" syndrome.
Maybe in four years, people will finally get tired of the Washington divas, just as they do of the Hollywood attention-getters. Then, maybe people will want to move on and get busy with solving problems, rather than trying to outdo someone else for more camera time.
North Salt Lake
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 46
- Letter: Doctors unite 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 18
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 18