Susan Walsh, AP
Washington has finally reached the level of obnoxious.
They are right up there with Hollywood and the Lindsay Lohans and Paris Hiltons of the world. They are so insecure that they have to always be in the limelight, doing whatever it takes to get noticed and have some camera time. No wonder nothing gets done. It is no longer "for the people, by the people." It is the "all about me" syndrome.
Maybe in four years, people will finally get tired of the Washington divas, just as they do of the Hollywood attention-getters. Then, maybe people will want to move on and get busy with solving problems, rather than trying to outdo someone else for more camera time.
North Salt Lake
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 45
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Condoning torture 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 26
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 25