Susan Walsh, AP
Washington has finally reached the level of obnoxious.
They are right up there with Hollywood and the Lindsay Lohans and Paris Hiltons of the world. They are so insecure that they have to always be in the limelight, doing whatever it takes to get noticed and have some camera time. No wonder nothing gets done. It is no longer "for the people, by the people." It is the "all about me" syndrome.
Maybe in four years, people will finally get tired of the Washington divas, just as they do of the Hollywood attention-getters. Then, maybe people will want to move on and get busy with solving problems, rather than trying to outdo someone else for more camera time.
North Salt Lake
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35