Susan Walsh, AP
Washington has finally reached the level of obnoxious.
They are right up there with Hollywood and the Lindsay Lohans and Paris Hiltons of the world. They are so insecure that they have to always be in the limelight, doing whatever it takes to get noticed and have some camera time. No wonder nothing gets done. It is no longer "for the people, by the people." It is the "all about me" syndrome.
Maybe in four years, people will finally get tired of the Washington divas, just as they do of the Hollywood attention-getters. Then, maybe people will want to move on and get busy with solving problems, rather than trying to outdo someone else for more camera time.
North Salt Lake
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How will...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Dan Liljenquist: Chaffetz's search for... 85
- Letters: No welfare, ever 52
- My view: Climate argument is shortsighted 35
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 29
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 20