Susan Walsh, AP
Washington has finally reached the level of obnoxious.
They are right up there with Hollywood and the Lindsay Lohans and Paris Hiltons of the world. They are so insecure that they have to always be in the limelight, doing whatever it takes to get noticed and have some camera time. No wonder nothing gets done. It is no longer "for the people, by the people." It is the "all about me" syndrome.
Maybe in four years, people will finally get tired of the Washington divas, just as they do of the Hollywood attention-getters. Then, maybe people will want to move on and get busy with solving problems, rather than trying to outdo someone else for more camera time.
North Salt Lake
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15