Hannah Storm was back on the air Tuesday, hosting the Rose Parade telecast three weeks after a propane gas grill accident left the ESPN anchor with first- and second-degree burns to her face, hands, chest and neck.
Storm lost roughly half her hair in the accident Dec. 11 outside her home in Connecticut. She wore extensions for the ABC telecast and her left hand was bandaged.
Storm's eyebrows and eyelashes were burned off. A makeup artist drew on eyebrows for the telecast.
This was the fifth time Storm has hosted the Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif. She says it was a familiar and comforting setting to make her return.
Storm says she hopes to turn her ordeal into an opportunity to talk about how to safely operate propane gas grills.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34