Air Force names new Hill wing commander
Col. Kathryn l. Kolbe will take over at a ceremony jan. 11
LAYTON — A new commander is set to take over the 75th Air Base Wing at Hill Air Force Base.
The Air Force says Col. Kathryn L. Kolbe will take command at a ceremony scheduled for Jan 11.
Kolbe will oversee the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, which has two fighter wings and other operations with 24,000 active-duty, civilian and contract personnel.
Kolbe succeeds Col. Sarah E. Zabel, who is being promoted to brigadier general and will become special assistant to the commander of the Air Force Sustainment Center in Oklahoma.
A Pennsylvania native, Kolbe earned her commission through the ROTC program at Lehigh University. She was based in Baghdad in 2009-10.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14