Air Force names new Hill wing commander
Col. Kathryn l. Kolbe will take over at a ceremony jan. 11
LAYTON — A new commander is set to take over the 75th Air Base Wing at Hill Air Force Base.
The Air Force says Col. Kathryn L. Kolbe will take command at a ceremony scheduled for Jan 11.
Kolbe will oversee the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, which has two fighter wings and other operations with 24,000 active-duty, civilian and contract personnel.
Kolbe succeeds Col. Sarah E. Zabel, who is being promoted to brigadier general and will become special assistant to the commander of the Air Force Sustainment Center in Oklahoma.
A Pennsylvania native, Kolbe earned her commission through the ROTC program at Lehigh University. She was based in Baghdad in 2009-10.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12