Air Force names new Hill wing commander
Col. Kathryn l. Kolbe will take over at a ceremony jan. 11
LAYTON — A new commander is set to take over the 75th Air Base Wing at Hill Air Force Base.
The Air Force says Col. Kathryn L. Kolbe will take command at a ceremony scheduled for Jan 11.
Kolbe will oversee the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, which has two fighter wings and other operations with 24,000 active-duty, civilian and contract personnel.
Kolbe succeeds Col. Sarah E. Zabel, who is being promoted to brigadier general and will become special assistant to the commander of the Air Force Sustainment Center in Oklahoma.
A Pennsylvania native, Kolbe earned her commission through the ROTC program at Lehigh University. She was based in Baghdad in 2009-10.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 33
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13