Air Force names new Hill wing commander
Col. Kathryn l. Kolbe will take over at a ceremony jan. 11
LAYTON — A new commander is set to take over the 75th Air Base Wing at Hill Air Force Base.
The Air Force says Col. Kathryn L. Kolbe will take command at a ceremony scheduled for Jan 11.
Kolbe will oversee the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, which has two fighter wings and other operations with 24,000 active-duty, civilian and contract personnel.
Kolbe succeeds Col. Sarah E. Zabel, who is being promoted to brigadier general and will become special assistant to the commander of the Air Force Sustainment Center in Oklahoma.
A Pennsylvania native, Kolbe earned her commission through the ROTC program at Lehigh University. She was based in Baghdad in 2009-10.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14