It seems the NRA's argument in the debate over gun-related violence is to have more guns. Having previously opposed federal involvement in Second Amendment issues, it now wants armed guards in all schools nationally. I assume that would require federal legislation.
This reminds me of the Cold War assertion that the only way to defend against the bad guys' nukes was to have more of your own.
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre may think mutually assured destruction is a fine argument for deterrence, but I doubt Dr. Strangelove will sway the nation.
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19