It seems the NRA's argument in the debate over gun-related violence is to have more guns. Having previously opposed federal involvement in Second Amendment issues, it now wants armed guards in all schools nationally. I assume that would require federal legislation.
This reminds me of the Cold War assertion that the only way to defend against the bad guys' nukes was to have more of your own.
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre may think mutually assured destruction is a fine argument for deterrence, but I doubt Dr. Strangelove will sway the nation.
- Greg Bell: Too many steering wheels in Utah's...
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the result...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0
- In our opinion: Inconsistency in school test...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Letter: Buy American