It seems the NRA's argument in the debate over gun-related violence is to have more guns. Having previously opposed federal involvement in Second Amendment issues, it now wants armed guards in all schools nationally. I assume that would require federal legislation.
This reminds me of the Cold War assertion that the only way to defend against the bad guys' nukes was to have more of your own.
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre may think mutually assured destruction is a fine argument for deterrence, but I doubt Dr. Strangelove will sway the nation.
- What to watch with your family this...
- In our opinion: Immigration and compromise...
- George F. Will: Government’s legitimacy...
- Presidents pardoning turkeys
- Letter: Solution to Ferguson
- Kathleen Parker: True or not, Bill Cosby...
- Letter: A dangerous precedent
- My view: Obama and Utah on the same page