It seems the NRA's argument in the debate over gun-related violence is to have more guns. Having previously opposed federal involvement in Second Amendment issues, it now wants armed guards in all schools nationally. I assume that would require federal legislation.
This reminds me of the Cold War assertion that the only way to defend against the bad guys' nukes was to have more of your own.
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre may think mutually assured destruction is a fine argument for deterrence, but I doubt Dr. Strangelove will sway the nation.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25