James Crisp, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In light of recent accidents, we must impose the following restrictions on all vehicles: 1) Limit horsepower to 250 hp; 2) No more than four cylinders; 3) No more automatic transmissions.
Obviously, the only reason anyone would need a vehicle with any of these features is to injure or kill pedestrians quickly. Vehicle manufacturers should be held accountable when one of their vehicles is used for these purposes. After all, it's not the driver who is at fault; it's the vehicle.
We also need to take away all vehicles from private citizens, and only allow law enforcement, the military and certain government officials to own and operate vehicles. That way, governments can completely control movements and guarantee no more mass injuries from vehicles.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 46
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31