James Crisp, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In light of recent accidents, we must impose the following restrictions on all vehicles: 1) Limit horsepower to 250 hp; 2) No more than four cylinders; 3) No more automatic transmissions.
Obviously, the only reason anyone would need a vehicle with any of these features is to injure or kill pedestrians quickly. Vehicle manufacturers should be held accountable when one of their vehicles is used for these purposes. After all, it's not the driver who is at fault; it's the vehicle.
We also need to take away all vehicles from private citizens, and only allow law enforcement, the military and certain government officials to own and operate vehicles. That way, governments can completely control movements and guarantee no more mass injuries from vehicles.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32