James Crisp, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In light of recent accidents, we must impose the following restrictions on all vehicles: 1) Limit horsepower to 250 hp; 2) No more than four cylinders; 3) No more automatic transmissions.
Obviously, the only reason anyone would need a vehicle with any of these features is to injure or kill pedestrians quickly. Vehicle manufacturers should be held accountable when one of their vehicles is used for these purposes. After all, it's not the driver who is at fault; it's the vehicle.
We also need to take away all vehicles from private citizens, and only allow law enforcement, the military and certain government officials to own and operate vehicles. That way, governments can completely control movements and guarantee no more mass injuries from vehicles.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14