James Crisp, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In light of recent accidents, we must impose the following restrictions on all vehicles: 1) Limit horsepower to 250 hp; 2) No more than four cylinders; 3) No more automatic transmissions.
Obviously, the only reason anyone would need a vehicle with any of these features is to injure or kill pedestrians quickly. Vehicle manufacturers should be held accountable when one of their vehicles is used for these purposes. After all, it's not the driver who is at fault; it's the vehicle.
We also need to take away all vehicles from private citizens, and only allow law enforcement, the military and certain government officials to own and operate vehicles. That way, governments can completely control movements and guarantee no more mass injuries from vehicles.
- SNL takes on Obama's executive order
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Sea turtles and...
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can result...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- Letter: King Obama
- Robert Bennett: Controversial Keystone,...
- Letter: Speak kind words