James Crisp, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In light of recent accidents, we must impose the following restrictions on all vehicles: 1) Limit horsepower to 250 hp; 2) No more than four cylinders; 3) No more automatic transmissions.
Obviously, the only reason anyone would need a vehicle with any of these features is to injure or kill pedestrians quickly. Vehicle manufacturers should be held accountable when one of their vehicles is used for these purposes. After all, it's not the driver who is at fault; it's the vehicle.
We also need to take away all vehicles from private citizens, and only allow law enforcement, the military and certain government officials to own and operate vehicles. That way, governments can completely control movements and guarantee no more mass injuries from vehicles.
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Gov. Herbert: Executing fundamentals for a...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26