James Crisp, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In light of recent accidents, we must impose the following restrictions on all vehicles: 1) Limit horsepower to 250 hp; 2) No more than four cylinders; 3) No more automatic transmissions.
Obviously, the only reason anyone would need a vehicle with any of these features is to injure or kill pedestrians quickly. Vehicle manufacturers should be held accountable when one of their vehicles is used for these purposes. After all, it's not the driver who is at fault; it's the vehicle.
We also need to take away all vehicles from private citizens, and only allow law enforcement, the military and certain government officials to own and operate vehicles. That way, governments can completely control movements and guarantee no more mass injuries from vehicles.
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Letter: Police brutality
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 78
- Letter: Police brutality 56
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 28
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 27
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 25
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23