It seems impossible to agree on a gun control solution. What should be done?
Every gun owner and new gun purchaser should be required to obtain a liability policy for, say, $1 million. Then, if his or her gun causes disability, death or damages anyone's property, the insurance company will pay the victims. This would be in addition to what the law requires of the perpetrator.
All gun owners must complete an application to be qualified for liability insurance, and insurance companies check individuals' health and mental stability carefully before issuing any policy.
Issued policies will be subject to renewal annually with a follow-up investigation, and premiums will be adjusted if necessary.
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: Government, health care
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15