It seems impossible to agree on a gun control solution. What should be done?
Every gun owner and new gun purchaser should be required to obtain a liability policy for, say, $1 million. Then, if his or her gun causes disability, death or damages anyone's property, the insurance company will pay the victims. This would be in addition to what the law requires of the perpetrator.
All gun owners must complete an application to be qualified for liability insurance, and insurance companies check individuals' health and mental stability carefully before issuing any policy.
Issued policies will be subject to renewal annually with a follow-up investigation, and premiums will be adjusted if necessary.
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 33
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 24
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 12