It seems impossible to agree on a gun control solution. What should be done?
Every gun owner and new gun purchaser should be required to obtain a liability policy for, say, $1 million. Then, if his or her gun causes disability, death or damages anyone's property, the insurance company will pay the victims. This would be in addition to what the law requires of the perpetrator.
All gun owners must complete an application to be qualified for liability insurance, and insurance companies check individuals' health and mental stability carefully before issuing any policy.
Issued policies will be subject to renewal annually with a follow-up investigation, and premiums will be adjusted if necessary.
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 51
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 39