It seems impossible to agree on a gun control solution. What should be done?
Every gun owner and new gun purchaser should be required to obtain a liability policy for, say, $1 million. Then, if his or her gun causes disability, death or damages anyone's property, the insurance company will pay the victims. This would be in addition to what the law requires of the perpetrator.
All gun owners must complete an application to be qualified for liability insurance, and insurance companies check individuals' health and mental stability carefully before issuing any policy.
Issued policies will be subject to renewal annually with a follow-up investigation, and premiums will be adjusted if necessary.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- Jay Evensen: Don't let an apocalypse-free...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- Letter: A ‘cursory’ look
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 25
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21