It seems impossible to agree on a gun control solution. What should be done?
Every gun owner and new gun purchaser should be required to obtain a liability policy for, say, $1 million. Then, if his or her gun causes disability, death or damages anyone's property, the insurance company will pay the victims. This would be in addition to what the law requires of the perpetrator.
All gun owners must complete an application to be qualified for liability insurance, and insurance companies check individuals' health and mental stability carefully before issuing any policy.
Issued policies will be subject to renewal annually with a follow-up investigation, and premiums will be adjusted if necessary.
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 55
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 46
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 34
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22