In an effort to reach compromise on the "fiscal cliff," President Obama has previously agreed to curtail future cost-of-living increases for recipients of Social Security.
Does it surprise anyone that there has not been more discussion of curtailing federal salary increases or reducing perks for elected officials and their staffs?
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...