In an effort to reach compromise on the "fiscal cliff," President Obama has previously agreed to curtail future cost-of-living increases for recipients of Social Security.
Does it surprise anyone that there has not been more discussion of curtailing federal salary increases or reducing perks for elected officials and their staffs?
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25