BRANDON MORLEY, Bingham, basketball: This 7-foot senior had an outstanding showing while participating in a California tournament last week.
He averaged 15.3 points over four games at the Holiday Classic in San Diego to lead Bingham to a perfect 4-0 record and the Senator's Division championship.
For his efforts, Morley was named the tournament MVP for the Senator's Division.
"He had a great week. He went against some very quick and athletic players and had a lot of success," said Bingham High coach Mark Dubach.
With the preseason coming to a close, Morley has helped lead Bingham to a 8-3 record by averaging 15.6 ppg.
ALEKSA GAPPMAYER, Maple Mountain, girls basketball: Aleksa Gappmayer could have relied on her ability to drive to the basket and sink a free throw, but she did not.
Instead, the senior worked hard in the offseason to develop an outside shot benefiting both her stat line and her team's success.
"It added balance to her game," said Maple Mountain head coach Cory Green. "Probably her greatest strength and biggest difference is that she's almost like a coach on the floor. She's by far the de facto team leader. It's nice to have a player on the floor who basically knows what needs to happen at the same time you as a coach know what needs to happen."
The 5-7 guard is averaging 22.5 points, 7 rebounds and 4.6 steals per game. She's an honor student who verbally committed to Snow College earlier this month.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33