Charles Dharapak, AP
President Obama continues to lead by the seat of his pants by creating what the media calls the "fiscal cliff."
He hasn't had a budget proposal or a sound budget in over three-plus years — even when his party held majority in both the House and Senate. Why does leadership wait until the last minute on key issues that affect more than 300 million citizens?
The president also cut short his vacation in Hawaii to face the fiscal cliff problem. What a poor soul. At the same time he was gone, businesses and taxpayers were left wondering what's going to happen in 2013.
Now we get four more years of this "leadership."
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should move...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Letter: Performance pay