Charles Dharapak, AP
President Obama continues to lead by the seat of his pants by creating what the media calls the "fiscal cliff."
He hasn't had a budget proposal or a sound budget in over three-plus years — even when his party held majority in both the House and Senate. Why does leadership wait until the last minute on key issues that affect more than 300 million citizens?
The president also cut short his vacation in Hawaii to face the fiscal cliff problem. What a poor soul. At the same time he was gone, businesses and taxpayers were left wondering what's going to happen in 2013.
Now we get four more years of this "leadership."
Salt Lake City
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- On second thought
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- In our opinion: UTA accountability
- About Utah: He's a fair fixture
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 56
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 32
- Americans are changing their tune on... 28
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 26
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24