Charles Dharapak, AP
President Obama continues to lead by the seat of his pants by creating what the media calls the "fiscal cliff."
He hasn't had a budget proposal or a sound budget in over three-plus years — even when his party held majority in both the House and Senate. Why does leadership wait until the last minute on key issues that affect more than 300 million citizens?
The president also cut short his vacation in Hawaii to face the fiscal cliff problem. What a poor soul. At the same time he was gone, businesses and taxpayers were left wondering what's going to happen in 2013.
Now we get four more years of this "leadership."
Salt Lake City
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 37
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- Letter: Acting presidential 25
- My view: More whites should practice... 23