Charles Dharapak, AP
President Obama continues to lead by the seat of his pants by creating what the media calls the "fiscal cliff."
He hasn't had a budget proposal or a sound budget in over three-plus years — even when his party held majority in both the House and Senate. Why does leadership wait until the last minute on key issues that affect more than 300 million citizens?
The president also cut short his vacation in Hawaii to face the fiscal cliff problem. What a poor soul. At the same time he was gone, businesses and taxpayers were left wondering what's going to happen in 2013.
Now we get four more years of this "leadership."
Salt Lake City
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- Letter: Put people in control
- National debt not just financial issue...
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27