NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said that we as a nation must spend whatever money is needed to place armed police or guards inside every school in America. That is an emotionalism response to the horrific shooting in Connecticut. The taxpayers' cost would also be horrific if that policy were adopted by our national and local officials.
There is a much more effective and reasonable? — and much less costly — solution to having armed officers in all schools. This can easily be accomplished by principals recruiting a few well-qualified teachers, janitors and administrative staff — not police or guards — to become certified with concealed firearms permits.
Speaking as a former peace officer, I belive most of the problem will then be solved.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- Letter: Where's Al Gore?
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- Letter: Golden goose 31