JEFFREY D ALLRED, DNEWS
In her book "Mothers and Sons," Carol Klein says that a sole-custody mom can predispose a daughter toward fearing "dangerous closeness" with men. Quoting Romain Gary, Klein describes how a sole-custody mom can predispose a son toward avoiding a "dangerous closeness" with a woman. If his mother had a husband or lover, he would not spend his days "dying of thirst, beside so many fountains."
Today, social commentators and churches worry about the increase in homosexuality and the numbers of homosexual youth who end up homeless or committing suicide. One area of focus ought to be modifying notions connected with the idea of sole custody, which has recently resulted in a child spending seven-eighths of the year with one parent.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...