JEFFREY D ALLRED, DNEWS
In her book "Mothers and Sons," Carol Klein says that a sole-custody mom can predispose a daughter toward fearing "dangerous closeness" with men. Quoting Romain Gary, Klein describes how a sole-custody mom can predispose a son toward avoiding a "dangerous closeness" with a woman. If his mother had a husband or lover, he would not spend his days "dying of thirst, beside so many fountains."
Today, social commentators and churches worry about the increase in homosexuality and the numbers of homosexual youth who end up homeless or committing suicide. One area of focus ought to be modifying notions connected with the idea of sole custody, which has recently resulted in a child spending seven-eighths of the year with one parent.
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Things are...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Drew Clark: About-face by Apple Music shows...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- In our opinion: To aid the 60 million global...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- Letter: Religion in office 35
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs 32
- Letter: Federal law violated 32
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 28
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 27
- My view: Everything you think you know... 22