JEFFREY D ALLRED, DNEWS
In her book "Mothers and Sons," Carol Klein says that a sole-custody mom can predispose a daughter toward fearing "dangerous closeness" with men. Quoting Romain Gary, Klein describes how a sole-custody mom can predispose a son toward avoiding a "dangerous closeness" with a woman. If his mother had a husband or lover, he would not spend his days "dying of thirst, beside so many fountains."
Today, social commentators and churches worry about the increase in homosexuality and the numbers of homosexual youth who end up homeless or committing suicide. One area of focus ought to be modifying notions connected with the idea of sole custody, which has recently resulted in a child spending seven-eighths of the year with one parent.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16