JEFFREY D ALLRED, DNEWS
In her book "Mothers and Sons," Carol Klein says that a sole-custody mom can predispose a daughter toward fearing "dangerous closeness" with men. Quoting Romain Gary, Klein describes how a sole-custody mom can predispose a son toward avoiding a "dangerous closeness" with a woman. If his mother had a husband or lover, he would not spend his days "dying of thirst, beside so many fountains."
Today, social commentators and churches worry about the increase in homosexuality and the numbers of homosexual youth who end up homeless or committing suicide. One area of focus ought to be modifying notions connected with the idea of sole custody, which has recently resulted in a child spending seven-eighths of the year with one parent.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21