What's happening in Washington right now is insane. I have zero confidence in our current administration to move even one inch closer to a true solution on our "fiscal cliff" debt crisis.
They might be completely clueless. Cutting up to $90 billion per year is a tiny fraction of what needs to happen. If we were to cut $1.1 trillion per year, we would still just be breaking even without reducing the debt. The Federal Government alone is going further into debt by more than $3 billion per day. How is that sustainable?
No one wants to talk about this because it sounds too scary, but we absolutely must.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15