What's happening in Washington right now is insane. I have zero confidence in our current administration to move even one inch closer to a true solution on our "fiscal cliff" debt crisis.
They might be completely clueless. Cutting up to $90 billion per year is a tiny fraction of what needs to happen. If we were to cut $1.1 trillion per year, we would still just be breaking even without reducing the debt. The Federal Government alone is going further into debt by more than $3 billion per day. How is that sustainable?
No one wants to talk about this because it sounds too scary, but we absolutely must.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 28