What's happening in Washington right now is insane. I have zero confidence in our current administration to move even one inch closer to a true solution on our "fiscal cliff" debt crisis.
They might be completely clueless. Cutting up to $90 billion per year is a tiny fraction of what needs to happen. If we were to cut $1.1 trillion per year, we would still just be breaking even without reducing the debt. The Federal Government alone is going further into debt by more than $3 billion per day. How is that sustainable?
No one wants to talk about this because it sounds too scary, but we absolutely must.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 24
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 18
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16