What's happening in Washington right now is insane. I have zero confidence in our current administration to move even one inch closer to a true solution on our "fiscal cliff" debt crisis.
They might be completely clueless. Cutting up to $90 billion per year is a tiny fraction of what needs to happen. If we were to cut $1.1 trillion per year, we would still just be breaking even without reducing the debt. The Federal Government alone is going further into debt by more than $3 billion per day. How is that sustainable?
No one wants to talk about this because it sounds too scary, but we absolutely must.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34