What's happening in Washington right now is insane. I have zero confidence in our current administration to move even one inch closer to a true solution on our "fiscal cliff" debt crisis.
They might be completely clueless. Cutting up to $90 billion per year is a tiny fraction of what needs to happen. If we were to cut $1.1 trillion per year, we would still just be breaking even without reducing the debt. The Federal Government alone is going further into debt by more than $3 billion per day. How is that sustainable?
No one wants to talk about this because it sounds too scary, but we absolutely must.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Letter: No oversight at all
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: Bullying time
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 76
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 41
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about... 34
- Letter: We can do better 27
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22