Ninety percent of Americans are in the "middle class," meaning they earn between $25,000 to $60,000 per year as gross income. If these Americans could earn $200,000 a year in net income, they would feel pretty wealthy!
I think the best solution to the "fiscal cliff" debate is to recruit a less-than-50-cow dairy farmer, a beautician working on commission, a sanitation worker, a policeman and a dock worker to decide together when a person is old enough to retire and collect Social Security. They would also determine tax deductions and tax rates.
Millionaires and billionaires have made our tax laws for too many years. How can they relate to those who decide whether to pay the gas bill or buy food for children?
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23