Ninety percent of Americans are in the "middle class," meaning they earn between $25,000 to $60,000 per year as gross income. If these Americans could earn $200,000 a year in net income, they would feel pretty wealthy!
I think the best solution to the "fiscal cliff" debate is to recruit a less-than-50-cow dairy farmer, a beautician working on commission, a sanitation worker, a policeman and a dock worker to decide together when a person is old enough to retire and collect Social Security. They would also determine tax deductions and tax rates.
Millionaires and billionaires have made our tax laws for too many years. How can they relate to those who decide whether to pay the gas bill or buy food for children?
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 37
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- Letter: Acting presidential 25
- My view: More whites should practice... 23