Ninety percent of Americans are in the "middle class," meaning they earn between $25,000 to $60,000 per year as gross income. If these Americans could earn $200,000 a year in net income, they would feel pretty wealthy!
I think the best solution to the "fiscal cliff" debate is to recruit a less-than-50-cow dairy farmer, a beautician working on commission, a sanitation worker, a policeman and a dock worker to decide together when a person is old enough to retire and collect Social Security. They would also determine tax deductions and tax rates.
Millionaires and billionaires have made our tax laws for too many years. How can they relate to those who decide whether to pay the gas bill or buy food for children?
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 36
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28