Ninety percent of Americans are in the "middle class," meaning they earn between $25,000 to $60,000 per year as gross income. If these Americans could earn $200,000 a year in net income, they would feel pretty wealthy!
I think the best solution to the "fiscal cliff" debate is to recruit a less-than-50-cow dairy farmer, a beautician working on commission, a sanitation worker, a policeman and a dock worker to decide together when a person is old enough to retire and collect Social Security. They would also determine tax deductions and tax rates.
Millionaires and billionaires have made our tax laws for too many years. How can they relate to those who decide whether to pay the gas bill or buy food for children?
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- Letter: Voting like a liberal 22