Ninety percent of Americans are in the "middle class," meaning they earn between $25,000 to $60,000 per year as gross income. If these Americans could earn $200,000 a year in net income, they would feel pretty wealthy!
I think the best solution to the "fiscal cliff" debate is to recruit a less-than-50-cow dairy farmer, a beautician working on commission, a sanitation worker, a policeman and a dock worker to decide together when a person is old enough to retire and collect Social Security. They would also determine tax deductions and tax rates.
Millionaires and billionaires have made our tax laws for too many years. How can they relate to those who decide whether to pay the gas bill or buy food for children?
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28