My 4-year-old daughter was delighted to receive a Furby for Christmas. Unfortunately, Furby had a swearing problem. He used phrases taking the Lord's name in vain. My daughter began using this language as well.
The Hasbro customer service representative told me that the recommended age range for Furbies was 6-plus years. I'm 35 years old and would never use language that is disrespectful. Do we ever reach an age where it is appropriate or desirable to be offensive? I am sure that Hasbro wouldn't even consider programming toys to use racial slurs.
America is in a sad state if our citizens have outgrown God, our Christians have outgrown the Ten Commandments and our toys invite our children to swear.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Lois M. Collins: Wandering back into the land...
- Letter: Modest energy progress
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- In our opinion: Poll shows Utahns favor...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 62
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 58
- Letter: Erratic protests 34
- In our opinion: After change to state... 26
- Letter: Modest energy progress 26
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- My view: Moving the prison would... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24