My 4-year-old daughter was delighted to receive a Furby for Christmas. Unfortunately, Furby had a swearing problem. He used phrases taking the Lord's name in vain. My daughter began using this language as well.
The Hasbro customer service representative told me that the recommended age range for Furbies was 6-plus years. I'm 35 years old and would never use language that is disrespectful. Do we ever reach an age where it is appropriate or desirable to be offensive? I am sure that Hasbro wouldn't even consider programming toys to use racial slurs.
America is in a sad state if our citizens have outgrown God, our Christians have outgrown the Ten Commandments and our toys invite our children to swear.
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating merits of...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- Letter: Social judges?
- Lois M. Collins: If rioters sincerely want...
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 69
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 48
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 30
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 25
- Letter: Provide health care 23