My 4-year-old daughter was delighted to receive a Furby for Christmas. Unfortunately, Furby had a swearing problem. He used phrases taking the Lord's name in vain. My daughter began using this language as well.
The Hasbro customer service representative told me that the recommended age range for Furbies was 6-plus years. I'm 35 years old and would never use language that is disrespectful. Do we ever reach an age where it is appropriate or desirable to be offensive? I am sure that Hasbro wouldn't even consider programming toys to use racial slurs.
America is in a sad state if our citizens have outgrown God, our Christians have outgrown the Ten Commandments and our toys invite our children to swear.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30