My 4-year-old daughter was delighted to receive a Furby for Christmas. Unfortunately, Furby had a swearing problem. He used phrases taking the Lord's name in vain. My daughter began using this language as well.
The Hasbro customer service representative told me that the recommended age range for Furbies was 6-plus years. I'm 35 years old and would never use language that is disrespectful. Do we ever reach an age where it is appropriate or desirable to be offensive? I am sure that Hasbro wouldn't even consider programming toys to use racial slurs.
America is in a sad state if our citizens have outgrown God, our Christians have outgrown the Ten Commandments and our toys invite our children to swear.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 54
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 43
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 28
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 18