My 4-year-old daughter was delighted to receive a Furby for Christmas. Unfortunately, Furby had a swearing problem. He used phrases taking the Lord's name in vain. My daughter began using this language as well.
The Hasbro customer service representative told me that the recommended age range for Furbies was 6-plus years. I'm 35 years old and would never use language that is disrespectful. Do we ever reach an age where it is appropriate or desirable to be offensive? I am sure that Hasbro wouldn't even consider programming toys to use racial slurs.
America is in a sad state if our citizens have outgrown God, our Christians have outgrown the Ten Commandments and our toys invite our children to swear.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29