The Utah Jazz dropped their third straight game overall Sunday night, a 107-96 loss to the Clippers. It was Utah's second loss to the Clippers in three nights.
Caron Butler was sensational in the game. He scored 29 points, 17 of which came in the first quarter.
Utah's Al Jefferson also played well. He scored 30 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Jefferson was accompanied by Gordon Hayward who scored 15 points.
Both the Clippers and the Jazz had four players in double figures. For the Clippers, Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford had 19 apiece. Also, DeAndre Jordan scored 14, banking in four clutch free throws down the stretch to salt the win away.
The Deseret News provided comprehensive coverage of the contest
Report Card: Jazz average all the way around in loss to Clippers
In-depth analysis: Hayward struggling from deep, and DeAndre Jordan is banking in free throws
Video Highlights: The Los Angeles Clippers give the Utah Jazz third straight loss
As could be expected, the Jazz twittersphere was quite disappointed in the loss. Here are some of the notable and quotable tweets from the night.
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- High school boys basketball: Only 2 defending...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 92
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 56
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 41
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 41
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29