The Utah Jazz dropped their third straight game overall Sunday night, a 107-96 loss to the Clippers. It was Utah's second loss to the Clippers in three nights.
Caron Butler was sensational in the game. He scored 29 points, 17 of which came in the first quarter.
Utah's Al Jefferson also played well. He scored 30 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Jefferson was accompanied by Gordon Hayward who scored 15 points.
Both the Clippers and the Jazz had four players in double figures. For the Clippers, Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford had 19 apiece. Also, DeAndre Jordan scored 14, banking in four clutch free throws down the stretch to salt the win away.
The Deseret News provided comprehensive coverage of the contest
Report Card: Jazz average all the way around in loss to Clippers
In-depth analysis: Hayward struggling from deep, and DeAndre Jordan is banking in free throws
Video Highlights: The Los Angeles Clippers give the Utah Jazz third straight loss
As could be expected, the Jazz twittersphere was quite disappointed in the loss. Here are some of the notable and quotable tweets from the night.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 42
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7
- Morning links: Utah Utes a sleeper in... 6