A small area near Vernon has been designated as an ATV recreational area. The state has also designated small areas in the Thomas Range (Topaz Mountain and the Dugway Geode Beds) for rock hunting.
The Wilderness Society wants the federal government to designate half of the state as a wilderness area.
Since many different companies are bringing nuclear waste to Utah, let's wait for an accident before doing that.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and... 75
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 30
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Letter: Coal and job creation 21
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18