A small area near Vernon has been designated as an ATV recreational area. The state has also designated small areas in the Thomas Range (Topaz Mountain and the Dugway Geode Beds) for rock hunting.
The Wilderness Society wants the federal government to designate half of the state as a wilderness area.
Since many different companies are bringing nuclear waste to Utah, let's wait for an accident before doing that.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Where jobs come from 65
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 52
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 34