A small area near Vernon has been designated as an ATV recreational area. The state has also designated small areas in the Thomas Range (Topaz Mountain and the Dugway Geode Beds) for rock hunting.
The Wilderness Society wants the federal government to designate half of the state as a wilderness area.
Since many different companies are bringing nuclear waste to Utah, let's wait for an accident before doing that.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Don't make Hagel a scapegoat;...
- SNL takes on Obama's executive order
- Michael Gerson: The big 'but' — Obama's...
- Letter: New slavery
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Sea turtles and...
- Letter: Hooray for the initiative
- Robert Bennett: Controversial Keystone,...