As a conscientious Republican, I am concerned that our message comes out the wrong way. Our rhetoric comes across like so.
We state that in order to protect 1 percent of the wealthiest Americans from the pain of a tax increase, we are willing to keep even more Americans from experiencing an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts. What a lack of negotiations from many House members.
No wonder we didn't win much this past election.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- Lois M. Collins: Wandering back into the land...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Letter: Modest energy progress
- In our opinion: Poll shows Utahns favor...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: A lifetime of thoughtful, honest words