As a conscientious Republican, I am concerned that our message comes out the wrong way. Our rhetoric comes across like so.
We state that in order to protect 1 percent of the wealthiest Americans from the pain of a tax increase, we are willing to keep even more Americans from experiencing an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts. What a lack of negotiations from many House members.
No wonder we didn't win much this past election.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Letter: Fall of America
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: With...