As a conscientious Republican, I am concerned that our message comes out the wrong way. Our rhetoric comes across like so.
We state that in order to protect 1 percent of the wealthiest Americans from the pain of a tax increase, we are willing to keep even more Americans from experiencing an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts. What a lack of negotiations from many House members.
No wonder we didn't win much this past election.
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 45
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 32
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- Don't wait for politicians 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21