As a conscientious Republican, I am concerned that our message comes out the wrong way. Our rhetoric comes across like so.
We state that in order to protect 1 percent of the wealthiest Americans from the pain of a tax increase, we are willing to keep even more Americans from experiencing an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts. What a lack of negotiations from many House members.
No wonder we didn't win much this past election.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13