As a conscientious Republican, I am concerned that our message comes out the wrong way. Our rhetoric comes across like so.
We state that in order to protect 1 percent of the wealthiest Americans from the pain of a tax increase, we are willing to keep even more Americans from experiencing an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts. What a lack of negotiations from many House members.
No wonder we didn't win much this past election.
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 53
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 44
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 33
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22