As a conscientious Republican, I am concerned that our message comes out the wrong way. Our rhetoric comes across like so.
We state that in order to protect 1 percent of the wealthiest Americans from the pain of a tax increase, we are willing to keep even more Americans from experiencing an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts. What a lack of negotiations from many House members.
No wonder we didn't win much this past election.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 23