As a conscientious Republican, I am concerned that our message comes out the wrong way. Our rhetoric comes across like so.
We state that in order to protect 1 percent of the wealthiest Americans from the pain of a tax increase, we are willing to keep even more Americans from experiencing an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts. What a lack of negotiations from many House members.
No wonder we didn't win much this past election.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 108
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 44
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41