Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As a senior at Bingham High School, I have many worries that keep me up at night. These have pushed back other important things with which I should be most concerned.
Am I really prepared for a disaster?
In recent events of the world supposedly ending, this has come to my mind. I am in no way prepared. My family has little food stored away if any event should happen. We have no real plan as to what we should do in an emergency.
I am calling on everyone. We all need to prepare for an emergency. Have three months' worth of food stored away, come up with a plan that will work, and be effective. Let us all prepare for the worst.
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 39
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31