Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As a senior at Bingham High School, I have many worries that keep me up at night. These have pushed back other important things with which I should be most concerned.
Am I really prepared for a disaster?
In recent events of the world supposedly ending, this has come to my mind. I am in no way prepared. My family has little food stored away if any event should happen. We have no real plan as to what we should do in an emergency.
I am calling on everyone. We all need to prepare for an emergency. Have three months' worth of food stored away, come up with a plan that will work, and be effective. Let us all prepare for the worst.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30