Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As a senior at Bingham High School, I have many worries that keep me up at night. These have pushed back other important things with which I should be most concerned.
Am I really prepared for a disaster?
In recent events of the world supposedly ending, this has come to my mind. I am in no way prepared. My family has little food stored away if any event should happen. We have no real plan as to what we should do in an emergency.
I am calling on everyone. We all need to prepare for an emergency. Have three months' worth of food stored away, come up with a plan that will work, and be effective. Let us all prepare for the worst.
- The winners and the losers
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Letter: Elected representatives
- In our opinion: Nelson Mandela left legacy of...
- Letter: Doctors unite
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...