It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- Drew Clark: The 'least dangerous branch' must...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- In our opinion: How committed are... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17