It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 143
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25