It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33