It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How will...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 52
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 29
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 20
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 18