It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all: Religion...
- Drew Clark: The beams and motes of getting...
- Letter: Slap to our history
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 89
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 73
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 39
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 36
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27