It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- In our opinion: The lesson of international...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Charles Krauthammer: The 'establishment'...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 16
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Letter: How to improve our air 12
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 12
- Jay Evensen: Drought, political insults... 10