It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- David McAllister-Wilson: The joy of Christian...
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- The year so far told through political cartoons
- In our opinion: Tax code is 3.7 million words...
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 50
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 50
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 49
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Chris Brinton: Injunction against... 21