It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- My view: Voting member's perspective on the...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- Letters: Founders' values
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- John Florez: Government a big vending machine
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked... 21