It is disingenuous for President Barack Obama to say that he has a mandate on policies. We have selected a leader who has not proved his competence.
We should have the finest minds working together to frame our laws and policies. To me, that would make sense.
Instead, Obama scoffs at Republican proposals and has not made any of his own that come close to cutting costs, keeping taxes low and making the U.S. a favorable place for businesses to succeed.
The president's proposals show no concern for the precarious financial condition of our country. That is not leadership.
Salt Lake City
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the state's...
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get out of...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Lessons...
- In our opinion: Obama's plan for free tuition...
- Letter: Duties of the job
- Letter: Political extremes
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- Letter: Future for teachers
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 43
- Letter: Medically fragile 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Duties of the job 29
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 25
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 23