Tom Smart, Deseret News
Sen. Orrin Hatch, in a recent newsletter: "I have been trying to chart a reasonable path ahead to stop these massive tax increases."
I think that's great, but the sorry fact is that Orrin worked so hard to involve us in trillion-dollar wars and give massive sums of tax dollars to banks that were supposedly too big to fail. His own net worth — once estimated higher than $4 million — and annual income upward of $200,000 seem to speak loudest. His multi-billion dollar spy facility in Bluffdale (the Utah Data Center) will be using your taxes to possibly track your personal communications.
Yes, Orrin likes to bring home the bacon, but it seems terribly rancid for a country trying to get back on its feet — let alone become a shining light on the hill.
Salt Lake City
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial imbalance...
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- On Second Thought
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Moral decline 72
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 43
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28