Tom Smart, Deseret News
Sen. Orrin Hatch, in a recent newsletter: "I have been trying to chart a reasonable path ahead to stop these massive tax increases."
I think that's great, but the sorry fact is that Orrin worked so hard to involve us in trillion-dollar wars and give massive sums of tax dollars to banks that were supposedly too big to fail. His own net worth — once estimated higher than $4 million — and annual income upward of $200,000 seem to speak loudest. His multi-billion dollar spy facility in Bluffdale (the Utah Data Center) will be using your taxes to possibly track your personal communications.
Yes, Orrin likes to bring home the bacon, but it seems terribly rancid for a country trying to get back on its feet — let alone become a shining light on the hill.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family