When my wife and I were in China, we kept hearing people looking to the government for answers. Today, all I hear are proposals for the government to make stricter gun laws.
Where are the Americans who could take care of matters through their churches and community organizations? Where is the will to correct the problems without government help? Or are we like China now?
Where are the churches to teach moral correctness? Where are the parents? Are they having family time to teach their children fairness, honesty and love for all Americans? This nation needs to realize that we the people are the answer to our moral decay.
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- In our opinion: National security and... 13
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10