When my wife and I were in China, we kept hearing people looking to the government for answers. Today, all I hear are proposals for the government to make stricter gun laws.
Where are the Americans who could take care of matters through their churches and community organizations? Where is the will to correct the problems without government help? Or are we like China now?
Where are the churches to teach moral correctness? Where are the parents? Are they having family time to teach their children fairness, honesty and love for all Americans? This nation needs to realize that we the people are the answer to our moral decay.
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 69
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 29
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 18
- In our opinion: Scouting success will... 18