Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The vigil for Emilie Parker at my own Ben Lomond High School brought the Newtown shooting even closer to home.
Mass shootings are now so prevalent they have almost become a spectator sport. Yet, guns are available now as they have been. My dad has hunting rifles in the garage, and I have just learned to respect them and leave them alone.
Violence is catered to us daily in large quantities on screens. One of the most violent movies of the year, directed by Quentin Tarantino, was released on Christmas Day — a day we should honor as a day of peace and goodwill toward men.
If we fail to do our duties, then we cannot complain about the deviancy that society is providing us.
Salt Lake City
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Gov. Herbert: Executing fundamentals for a...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26