LOGAN — Utah State men's basketball coach Stew Morrill announced Thursday that Quincy Bair has quit the Aggie basketball team for personal reasons.
"I'm extremely disappointed in Quincy for making the decision to quit the team. He told me he has lost his passion for basketball during his junior year in high school. This is obviously something we would have liked to have known in the recruiting process," Morrill said.
Bair, a freshman guard/forward from American Fork, had his redshirt pulled after five games and played in four games, averaging 2.5 minutes per game, missing his lone 3-point attempt.
As a senior at American Fork High, Bair was named the Region 4 co-MVP and earned first-team all-state honors, helping the Cavemen to a 19-3 record and a co-region championship, averaging 13.0 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.4 steals per game as a senior.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25