OREM — The Orem Fire Department is donating an ambulance to a city in Peru.
The Daily Herald reports that the Orem Fire Department will send an ambulance to the northwestern coast of Peru. The hospital in the town doesn't have an ambulance.
Peruvian honorary consul David Utrilla said the ambulance will help save lives by getting people to the hospital faster. People have to take a taxi or car to get to the hospital.
The Orem Fire Department will donate an ambulance it had recently retired with 140,000 miles on it.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 95
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 92
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19