I can't believe that Jan Evans is trotting out the old chestnut that guns don't kill people, but people kill people ("Gun control," Dec. 18).
Maybe so, but guns let them kill lots and lots of people — really, really fast.
What would have happened if Adam Lanza had gone to Sandy Hook Elementary School armed with a knife? He probably couldn't have gotten past the security measures the school had in place.
Salt Lake City
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33