I can't believe that Jan Evans is trotting out the old chestnut that guns don't kill people, but people kill people ("Gun control," Dec. 18).
Maybe so, but guns let them kill lots and lots of people — really, really fast.
What would have happened if Adam Lanza had gone to Sandy Hook Elementary School armed with a knife? He probably couldn't have gotten past the security measures the school had in place.
Salt Lake City
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all: Religion...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- Letter: Slap to our history
- Patrick Mason: Utah should avoid secular...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 90
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 75
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 47
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 40
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27