I can't believe that Jan Evans is trotting out the old chestnut that guns don't kill people, but people kill people ("Gun control," Dec. 18).
Maybe so, but guns let them kill lots and lots of people — really, really fast.
What would have happened if Adam Lanza had gone to Sandy Hook Elementary School armed with a knife? He probably couldn't have gotten past the security measures the school had in place.
Salt Lake City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 94
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 38
- In our opinion: On Holder's heels... 34