I can't believe that Jan Evans is trotting out the old chestnut that guns don't kill people, but people kill people ("Gun control," Dec. 18).
Maybe so, but guns let them kill lots and lots of people — really, really fast.
What would have happened if Adam Lanza had gone to Sandy Hook Elementary School armed with a knife? He probably couldn't have gotten past the security measures the school had in place.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...