I can't believe that Jan Evans is trotting out the old chestnut that guns don't kill people, but people kill people ("Gun control," Dec. 18).
Maybe so, but guns let them kill lots and lots of people — really, really fast.
What would have happened if Adam Lanza had gone to Sandy Hook Elementary School armed with a knife? He probably couldn't have gotten past the security measures the school had in place.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 66
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23