Paul Sakuma, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Our take: Blog writer Heather Clayton Staker examines how to turn an iPad into a learning handheld for her children and other elementary students, including what programs and apps she would add to their devices.
Todays blog is a how-to for converting an iPod Touch into a tricked out e-learning handheld for pre-K and elementary students. Disclaimer: I dont own any stock in Apple and I am not paid by any of the vendors below. Im just doing this for my own holiday recon and hoped some of you might find it helpful too!
Background: This Christmas were flying and driving with our kids. Im sure well bring along copious goldfish crackers and sippy cups, but Id rather avoid the traditional craziness of our bursting carry-ons. Im looking for small devices that will be easy to carry aboard, simple for our kids to use, and make better use of the travel time than a DVD player. Plus, on normal days my kids spend too much time in the car shuttling to activities. Id love to fill that void with productive learning time.
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- How much is your diploma worth? Money...
- You think your student is well off? The...
- 10 reasons religious education belongs in school
- Sex education should start sooner, study finds
- Cutting-edge transplant overcomes hepatitis C...
- Governor selects final candidates for State...
- Teacher tenure battle shifts to New York
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- 10 reasons religious education belongs... 21
- How much is your diploma worth? Money... 10
- Governor selects final candidates for... 7
- Sex education should start sooner,... 6
- Jordan School District opens doors on... 6
- South Jordan City Council accepts... 6