WEST VALLEY CITY — Utah Grizzlies head coach and director of hockey operations Kevin Colley announced Monday that the team has agreed to terms with Utah native and Los Angeles Kings forward Trevor Lewis.
Lewis is expected to join the Grizzlies Thursday morning to sign a contract. Pending league approval, he will be introduced to fans and media at the arena during a press conference at 5 p.m. Thursday. He will then be on the ice for practice Thursday at 7 p.m. at Maverik Center. The practice is open to the public as well.
His Grizzlies debut, where he will wear his No. 22, is scheduled for Friday and Saturday when Utah hosts the Ontario Reign at 7 p.m. each night.
Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com.
The Brighton High School product became the first Utah resident to have his name inscribed on the Stanley Cup when the Kings defeated New Jersey four games to two in June. Lewis spent Aug. 30 with over 6,000 fans at Maverik Center sharing his only day with the Stanley Cup with them.
Lewis was selected 17th overall in the first round by Los Angeles in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He totaled three goals and six assists for nine points in 20 games during last season's Stanley Cup Playoffs, while also being a mainstay force on the Kings penalty-kill. He has played in 155 career NHL games with Los Angeles, where he has totaled seven goals and 16assists.
The Grizzlies and Lewis will not make any further comment until the press conference Thursday afternoon.
The Grizzlies return home Friday to host Ontario at 7:05 p.m. to continue their promotion filled eight-game home stand.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35