WEST VALLEY CITY — Utah Grizzlies head coach and director of hockey operations Kevin Colley announced Monday that the team has agreed to terms with Utah native and Los Angeles Kings forward Trevor Lewis.
Lewis is expected to join the Grizzlies Thursday morning to sign a contract. Pending league approval, he will be introduced to fans and media at the arena during a press conference at 5 p.m. Thursday. He will then be on the ice for practice Thursday at 7 p.m. at Maverik Center. The practice is open to the public as well.
His Grizzlies debut, where he will wear his No. 22, is scheduled for Friday and Saturday when Utah hosts the Ontario Reign at 7 p.m. each night.
Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com.
The Brighton High School product became the first Utah resident to have his name inscribed on the Stanley Cup when the Kings defeated New Jersey four games to two in June. Lewis spent Aug. 30 with over 6,000 fans at Maverik Center sharing his only day with the Stanley Cup with them.
Lewis was selected 17th overall in the first round by Los Angeles in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He totaled three goals and six assists for nine points in 20 games during last season's Stanley Cup Playoffs, while also being a mainstay force on the Kings penalty-kill. He has played in 155 career NHL games with Los Angeles, where he has totaled seven goals and 16assists.
The Grizzlies and Lewis will not make any further comment until the press conference Thursday afternoon.
The Grizzlies return home Friday to host Ontario at 7:05 p.m. to continue their promotion filled eight-game home stand.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 224
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 74
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 53
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 41
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 33
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 29
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 24