WEST VALLEY CITY — Utah Grizzlies head coach and director of hockey operations Kevin Colley announced Monday that the team has agreed to terms with Utah native and Los Angeles Kings forward Trevor Lewis.
Lewis is expected to join the Grizzlies Thursday morning to sign a contract. Pending league approval, he will be introduced to fans and media at the arena during a press conference at 5 p.m. Thursday. He will then be on the ice for practice Thursday at 7 p.m. at Maverik Center. The practice is open to the public as well.
His Grizzlies debut, where he will wear his No. 22, is scheduled for Friday and Saturday when Utah hosts the Ontario Reign at 7 p.m. each night.
Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com.
The Brighton High School product became the first Utah resident to have his name inscribed on the Stanley Cup when the Kings defeated New Jersey four games to two in June. Lewis spent Aug. 30 with over 6,000 fans at Maverik Center sharing his only day with the Stanley Cup with them.
Lewis was selected 17th overall in the first round by Los Angeles in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He totaled three goals and six assists for nine points in 20 games during last season's Stanley Cup Playoffs, while also being a mainstay force on the Kings penalty-kill. He has played in 155 career NHL games with Los Angeles, where he has totaled seven goals and 16assists.
The Grizzlies and Lewis will not make any further comment until the press conference Thursday afternoon.
The Grizzlies return home Friday to host Ontario at 7:05 p.m. to continue their promotion filled eight-game home stand.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 105
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19