WEST VALLEY CITY — Utah Grizzlies head coach and director of hockey operations Kevin Colley announced Monday that the team has agreed to terms with Utah native and Los Angeles Kings forward Trevor Lewis.
Lewis is expected to join the Grizzlies Thursday morning to sign a contract. Pending league approval, he will be introduced to fans and media at the arena during a press conference at 5 p.m. Thursday. He will then be on the ice for practice Thursday at 7 p.m. at Maverik Center. The practice is open to the public as well.
His Grizzlies debut, where he will wear his No. 22, is scheduled for Friday and Saturday when Utah hosts the Ontario Reign at 7 p.m. each night.
Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com.
The Brighton High School product became the first Utah resident to have his name inscribed on the Stanley Cup when the Kings defeated New Jersey four games to two in June. Lewis spent Aug. 30 with over 6,000 fans at Maverik Center sharing his only day with the Stanley Cup with them.
Lewis was selected 17th overall in the first round by Los Angeles in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He totaled three goals and six assists for nine points in 20 games during last season's Stanley Cup Playoffs, while also being a mainstay force on the Kings penalty-kill. He has played in 155 career NHL games with Los Angeles, where he has totaled seven goals and 16assists.
The Grizzlies and Lewis will not make any further comment until the press conference Thursday afternoon.
The Grizzlies return home Friday to host Ontario at 7:05 p.m. to continue their promotion filled eight-game home stand.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25