A lot of people wanted to see Jabari Parker go to BYU because he is Mormon, but that would have been the wrong choice. If he wants to win, why would he pick BYU?
Of course he would have been the star player there, but it is hard to win when it's mostly one player trying to do all of the work. It worked for former BYU star Jimmer Fredette, but only for a while. The better teams in the country found a way to shut down a team with only one major offensive threat.
While Parker is at Duke, the team will be more balanced on offense. Plus, Mike Krzyzewski knows how to win in different levels of basketball. He has coached national champions at Duke, coached Olympic gold teams and has the most wins in college basketball. It's an easy choice!
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Richard Davis: Our representatives should be...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Kathleen Parker: Pope Francis calls for a...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 65
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- In our opinion: A Supreme missed... 58
- Dave Folland: No more excuses on... 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 40
- Letter: Why I voted Democrat 35
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 34