A lot of people wanted to see Jabari Parker go to BYU because he is Mormon, but that would have been the wrong choice. If he wants to win, why would he pick BYU?
Of course he would have been the star player there, but it is hard to win when it's mostly one player trying to do all of the work. It worked for former BYU star Jimmer Fredette, but only for a while. The better teams in the country found a way to shut down a team with only one major offensive threat.
While Parker is at Duke, the team will be more balanced on offense. Plus, Mike Krzyzewski knows how to win in different levels of basketball. He has coached national champions at Duke, coached Olympic gold teams and has the most wins in college basketball. It's an easy choice!
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- George F. Will: Regulatory overkill —...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 30
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28