A lot of people wanted to see Jabari Parker go to BYU because he is Mormon, but that would have been the wrong choice. If he wants to win, why would he pick BYU?
Of course he would have been the star player there, but it is hard to win when it's mostly one player trying to do all of the work. It worked for former BYU star Jimmer Fredette, but only for a while. The better teams in the country found a way to shut down a team with only one major offensive threat.
While Parker is at Duke, the team will be more balanced on offense. Plus, Mike Krzyzewski knows how to win in different levels of basketball. He has coached national champions at Duke, coached Olympic gold teams and has the most wins in college basketball. It's an easy choice!
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21