A lot of people wanted to see Jabari Parker go to BYU because he is Mormon, but that would have been the wrong choice. If he wants to win, why would he pick BYU?
Of course he would have been the star player there, but it is hard to win when it's mostly one player trying to do all of the work. It worked for former BYU star Jimmer Fredette, but only for a while. The better teams in the country found a way to shut down a team with only one major offensive threat.
While Parker is at Duke, the team will be more balanced on offense. Plus, Mike Krzyzewski knows how to win in different levels of basketball. He has coached national champions at Duke, coached Olympic gold teams and has the most wins in college basketball. It's an easy choice!
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 55
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 48
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 38