A lot of people wanted to see Jabari Parker go to BYU because he is Mormon, but that would have been the wrong choice. If he wants to win, why would he pick BYU?
Of course he would have been the star player there, but it is hard to win when it's mostly one player trying to do all of the work. It worked for former BYU star Jimmer Fredette, but only for a while. The better teams in the country found a way to shut down a team with only one major offensive threat.
While Parker is at Duke, the team will be more balanced on offense. Plus, Mike Krzyzewski knows how to win in different levels of basketball. He has coached national champions at Duke, coached Olympic gold teams and has the most wins in college basketball. It's an easy choice!
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Midterm elections put a divided America on...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25