A lot of people wanted to see Jabari Parker go to BYU because he is Mormon, but that would have been the wrong choice. If he wants to win, why would he pick BYU?
Of course he would have been the star player there, but it is hard to win when it's mostly one player trying to do all of the work. It worked for former BYU star Jimmer Fredette, but only for a while. The better teams in the country found a way to shut down a team with only one major offensive threat.
While Parker is at Duke, the team will be more balanced on offense. Plus, Mike Krzyzewski knows how to win in different levels of basketball. He has coached national champions at Duke, coached Olympic gold teams and has the most wins in college basketball. It's an easy choice!
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all: Religion...
- Letter: Slap to our history
- Drew Clark: The beams and motes of getting...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 90
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 73
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 43
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 36
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27