Letter: Overlooked details: Mental health issues need to be looked at before gun laws
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
The gun control advocates chose to overlook some details. Adam Lanza did not buy a gun at a gun show through a "loophole." Adam Lanza did not buy a gun from a licensed dealer and slip through the background checks. Adam Lanza murdered his own mother and stole her guns.
We have strict laws against murder and laws against theft. Adam Lanza became a deranged killer before he ever began killing. Then he went to a gun-free zone and picked the easiest victims he could imagine. We need to first react to the mental health issues. Once those are resolved, we can worry about gun laws.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 52
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 51
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 29
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 28