Letter: Overlooked details: Mental health issues need to be looked at before gun laws
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
The gun control advocates chose to overlook some details. Adam Lanza did not buy a gun at a gun show through a "loophole." Adam Lanza did not buy a gun from a licensed dealer and slip through the background checks. Adam Lanza murdered his own mother and stole her guns.
We have strict laws against murder and laws against theft. Adam Lanza became a deranged killer before he ever began killing. Then he went to a gun-free zone and picked the easiest victims he could imagine. We need to first react to the mental health issues. Once those are resolved, we can worry about gun laws.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28