Letter: Overlooked details: Mental health issues need to be looked at before gun laws
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
The gun control advocates chose to overlook some details. Adam Lanza did not buy a gun at a gun show through a "loophole." Adam Lanza did not buy a gun from a licensed dealer and slip through the background checks. Adam Lanza murdered his own mother and stole her guns.
We have strict laws against murder and laws against theft. Adam Lanza became a deranged killer before he ever began killing. Then he went to a gun-free zone and picked the easiest victims he could imagine. We need to first react to the mental health issues. Once those are resolved, we can worry about gun laws.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21