Letter: Overlooked details: Mental health issues need to be looked at before gun laws
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
The gun control advocates chose to overlook some details. Adam Lanza did not buy a gun at a gun show through a "loophole." Adam Lanza did not buy a gun from a licensed dealer and slip through the background checks. Adam Lanza murdered his own mother and stole her guns.
We have strict laws against murder and laws against theft. Adam Lanza became a deranged killer before he ever began killing. Then he went to a gun-free zone and picked the easiest victims he could imagine. We need to first react to the mental health issues. Once those are resolved, we can worry about gun laws.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- President should not act without... 28