The Cody Enterprise, Devin Wagner , Associated Press
I remember during the Vietnam War a number of young, Latter-day Saint men used the story of the prophet Joseph Smith saving rattlesnakes at the Embarras River in their effort to obtain conscientious objector status.
Perhaps a complete dismembering of our worldwide military and security power would seem foolhardy.
But it is well during this Christmas season to hear the peaceful counterpoint that the rattlesnake story represents — and the various types of peace that powerful teachings offer us.
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 64
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 27
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20