The Cody Enterprise, Devin Wagner , Associated Press
I remember during the Vietnam War a number of young, Latter-day Saint men used the story of the prophet Joseph Smith saving rattlesnakes at the Embarras River in their effort to obtain conscientious objector status.
Perhaps a complete dismembering of our worldwide military and security power would seem foolhardy.
But it is well during this Christmas season to hear the peaceful counterpoint that the rattlesnake story represents — and the various types of peace that powerful teachings offer us.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 45
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 35
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19