The Cody Enterprise, Devin Wagner , Associated Press
I remember during the Vietnam War a number of young, Latter-day Saint men used the story of the prophet Joseph Smith saving rattlesnakes at the Embarras River in their effort to obtain conscientious objector status.
Perhaps a complete dismembering of our worldwide military and security power would seem foolhardy.
But it is well during this Christmas season to hear the peaceful counterpoint that the rattlesnake story represents — and the various types of peace that powerful teachings offer us.
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- My view: Honest debates are worth the...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- Letter: Religion in office
- Robert J. Samuelson: Massive debt and little...