The Cody Enterprise, Devin Wagner , Associated Press
I remember during the Vietnam War a number of young, Latter-day Saint men used the story of the prophet Joseph Smith saving rattlesnakes at the Embarras River in their effort to obtain conscientious objector status.
Perhaps a complete dismembering of our worldwide military and security power would seem foolhardy.
But it is well during this Christmas season to hear the peaceful counterpoint that the rattlesnake story represents — and the various types of peace that powerful teachings offer us.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34