The Cody Enterprise, Devin Wagner , Associated Press
I remember during the Vietnam War a number of young, Latter-day Saint men used the story of the prophet Joseph Smith saving rattlesnakes at the Embarras River in their effort to obtain conscientious objector status.
Perhaps a complete dismembering of our worldwide military and security power would seem foolhardy.
But it is well during this Christmas season to hear the peaceful counterpoint that the rattlesnake story represents — and the various types of peace that powerful teachings offer us.
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22