Deseret News archives
This year at the Deseret News, we have focused on sharing stories that forward our commitment to being "trusted voices of light and knowledge" and that make a difference in the lives of our readers.
Below we have compiled a list of the top 10 stories in each of our six core areas of editorial emphasis: faith in the community, values in the media, care for the poor, financial responsibility, excellence in education and family life.
Each list includes a reflection from the journalist assigned to that particular beat and a link to each of the top 10 stories.
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks the...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 24
- Letter: Insurance website 21
- Letter: Buying politicians 20