As the stories of the heroic acts of the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School unfolded, I could not help but reflect that these selfless acts are exactly what teachers would do.
During terrifying moments and unimaginable circumstances, teachers expressed love for the children in their care. These acts are instinctual to our educators.
David Bosso, the 2012 Connecticut Teacher of the Year said it perfectly. "In the midst of this unfathomable loss and profound sorrow, you have buoyed our spirits and given us hope. Because of your passion, courage, sacrifice, and devotion, I am once again reassured to proudly declare to educators everywhere: Never again say, 'I am just a teacher.'"
President of Utah Education Association
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- What will Obama's legacy be?
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- My View: Children need mother and father
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Letter: Public education