As the stories of the heroic acts of the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School unfolded, I could not help but reflect that these selfless acts are exactly what teachers would do.
During terrifying moments and unimaginable circumstances, teachers expressed love for the children in their care. These acts are instinctual to our educators.
David Bosso, the 2012 Connecticut Teacher of the Year said it perfectly. "In the midst of this unfathomable loss and profound sorrow, you have buoyed our spirits and given us hope. Because of your passion, courage, sacrifice, and devotion, I am once again reassured to proudly declare to educators everywhere: Never again say, 'I am just a teacher.'"
President of Utah Education Association
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 23