As the stories of the heroic acts of the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School unfolded, I could not help but reflect that these selfless acts are exactly what teachers would do.
During terrifying moments and unimaginable circumstances, teachers expressed love for the children in their care. These acts are instinctual to our educators.
David Bosso, the 2012 Connecticut Teacher of the Year said it perfectly. "In the midst of this unfathomable loss and profound sorrow, you have buoyed our spirits and given us hope. Because of your passion, courage, sacrifice, and devotion, I am once again reassured to proudly declare to educators everywhere: Never again say, 'I am just a teacher.'"
President of Utah Education Association
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 107
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 43
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41