As the stories of the heroic acts of the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School unfolded, I could not help but reflect that these selfless acts are exactly what teachers would do.
During terrifying moments and unimaginable circumstances, teachers expressed love for the children in their care. These acts are instinctual to our educators.
David Bosso, the 2012 Connecticut Teacher of the Year said it perfectly. "In the midst of this unfathomable loss and profound sorrow, you have buoyed our spirits and given us hope. Because of your passion, courage, sacrifice, and devotion, I am once again reassured to proudly declare to educators everywhere: Never again say, 'I am just a teacher.'"
President of Utah Education Association
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32