As the stories of the heroic acts of the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School unfolded, I could not help but reflect that these selfless acts are exactly what teachers would do.
During terrifying moments and unimaginable circumstances, teachers expressed love for the children in their care. These acts are instinctual to our educators.
David Bosso, the 2012 Connecticut Teacher of the Year said it perfectly. "In the midst of this unfathomable loss and profound sorrow, you have buoyed our spirits and given us hope. Because of your passion, courage, sacrifice, and devotion, I am once again reassured to proudly declare to educators everywhere: Never again say, 'I am just a teacher.'"
President of Utah Education Association
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever 81
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21