These comments are in response to a recent editorial ("In our opinion: Immigration reform, President Barack Obama needs to act soon," Dec. 17). Illegal immigrants have already broken several laws. They enter our country stealing someone's identity and then work without governmental permission.
In the editorial, the issue was declared complicated. When is complying with the law complicated? It also said mass deportations would not be feasible.
Nobody is calling for such action. Instead of promoting amnesty, this paper should be calling for passage of the Legal Workforce Act (H.R. 2885). It would make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, resulting in some removal of illegals. Those jobs would be given to citizens.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37