These comments are in response to a recent editorial ("In our opinion: Immigration reform, President Barack Obama needs to act soon," Dec. 17). Illegal immigrants have already broken several laws. They enter our country stealing someone's identity and then work without governmental permission.
In the editorial, the issue was declared complicated. When is complying with the law complicated? It also said mass deportations would not be feasible.
Nobody is calling for such action. Instead of promoting amnesty, this paper should be calling for passage of the Legal Workforce Act (H.R. 2885). It would make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, resulting in some removal of illegals. Those jobs would be given to citizens.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 43
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30