These comments are in response to a recent editorial ("In our opinion: Immigration reform, President Barack Obama needs to act soon," Dec. 17). Illegal immigrants have already broken several laws. They enter our country stealing someone's identity and then work without governmental permission.
In the editorial, the issue was declared complicated. When is complying with the law complicated? It also said mass deportations would not be feasible.
Nobody is calling for such action. Instead of promoting amnesty, this paper should be calling for passage of the Legal Workforce Act (H.R. 2885). It would make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, resulting in some removal of illegals. Those jobs would be given to citizens.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- Letter: Where's Al Gore?
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- Letter: Golden goose 30