These comments are in response to a recent editorial ("In our opinion: Immigration reform, President Barack Obama needs to act soon," Dec. 17). Illegal immigrants have already broken several laws. They enter our country stealing someone's identity and then work without governmental permission.
In the editorial, the issue was declared complicated. When is complying with the law complicated? It also said mass deportations would not be feasible.
Nobody is calling for such action. Instead of promoting amnesty, this paper should be calling for passage of the Legal Workforce Act (H.R. 2885). It would make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, resulting in some removal of illegals. Those jobs would be given to citizens.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- George F. Will: Our trivial Congress can grow...
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 110
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 39
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 31
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 31