These comments are in response to a recent editorial ("In our opinion: Immigration reform, President Barack Obama needs to act soon," Dec. 17). Illegal immigrants have already broken several laws. They enter our country stealing someone's identity and then work without governmental permission.
In the editorial, the issue was declared complicated. When is complying with the law complicated? It also said mass deportations would not be feasible.
Nobody is calling for such action. Instead of promoting amnesty, this paper should be calling for passage of the Legal Workforce Act (H.R. 2885). It would make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, resulting in some removal of illegals. Those jobs would be given to citizens.
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 78
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36