These comments are in response to a recent editorial ("In our opinion: Immigration reform, President Barack Obama needs to act soon," Dec. 17). Illegal immigrants have already broken several laws. They enter our country stealing someone's identity and then work without governmental permission.
In the editorial, the issue was declared complicated. When is complying with the law complicated? It also said mass deportations would not be feasible.
Nobody is calling for such action. Instead of promoting amnesty, this paper should be calling for passage of the Legal Workforce Act (H.R. 2885). It would make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, resulting in some removal of illegals. Those jobs would be given to citizens.
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- My view: The 'resource curse' and rush for...
- In our opinion: Unfinished legislative...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Will November be a referendum on Obamacare?
- My view: The sage grouse is worth protecting
- Letter: Democracy is ...
- Dan Liljenquist: Legislative gems: Much to...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Letter: End daylight saving time 45
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Letter: Invite the divine 32
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 31
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30