Why do we wait to talk about gun violence until a school or movie theater is shot up?
If gun rights activists and those favoring more gun control actually cared, they wouldn't wait until people were killed to bring up their opinion. If you truly have an opinion on guns, don't let it go unnoticed before giving it with 10,000 other people once there's been a shooting. It sounds like you only care once someone is dead.
Who knows? Maybe if you share your opinion sooner, it could actually change a law or make some other difference in your town — possibly saving hundreds of victims.
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should move...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not move...
- Letter: Doctors unite