Why do we wait to talk about gun violence until a school or movie theater is shot up?
If gun rights activists and those favoring more gun control actually cared, they wouldn't wait until people were killed to bring up their opinion. If you truly have an opinion on guns, don't let it go unnoticed before giving it with 10,000 other people once there's been a shooting. It sounds like you only care once someone is dead.
Who knows? Maybe if you share your opinion sooner, it could actually change a law or make some other difference in your town — possibly saving hundreds of victims.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30