Why do we wait to talk about gun violence until a school or movie theater is shot up?
If gun rights activists and those favoring more gun control actually cared, they wouldn't wait until people were killed to bring up their opinion. If you truly have an opinion on guns, don't let it go unnoticed before giving it with 10,000 other people once there's been a shooting. It sounds like you only care once someone is dead.
Who knows? Maybe if you share your opinion sooner, it could actually change a law or make some other difference in your town — possibly saving hundreds of victims.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25