Why do we wait to talk about gun violence until a school or movie theater is shot up?
If gun rights activists and those favoring more gun control actually cared, they wouldn't wait until people were killed to bring up their opinion. If you truly have an opinion on guns, don't let it go unnoticed before giving it with 10,000 other people once there's been a shooting. It sounds like you only care once someone is dead.
Who knows? Maybe if you share your opinion sooner, it could actually change a law or make some other difference in your town — possibly saving hundreds of victims.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 45
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16