Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
The prison is in a place that no one wanted when it was built — the worst land in the Salt Lake Valley.
Now it's the best land.
The people who want this land are nothing but greedy. We need to stand up and tell them to find someplace else to build. The people who work at the prison can get there easily, and they don't want to move elsewhere.
We don't need a new prison. If the people that live by the prison don't like it there, they should move.
Salt Lake City
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 57
- Letter: Growing party divide 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 43
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26