Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
The prison is in a place that no one wanted when it was built — the worst land in the Salt Lake Valley.
Now it's the best land.
The people who want this land are nothing but greedy. We need to stand up and tell them to find someplace else to build. The people who work at the prison can get there easily, and they don't want to move elsewhere.
We don't need a new prison. If the people that live by the prison don't like it there, they should move.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 30
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 28
- Letter: Sharing culpability 21
- Letter: Distance from religion 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 12