Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
The prison is in a place that no one wanted when it was built — the worst land in the Salt Lake Valley.
Now it's the best land.
The people who want this land are nothing but greedy. We need to stand up and tell them to find someplace else to build. The people who work at the prison can get there easily, and they don't want to move elsewhere.
We don't need a new prison. If the people that live by the prison don't like it there, they should move.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35