Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
The prison is in a place that no one wanted when it was built — the worst land in the Salt Lake Valley.
Now it's the best land.
The people who want this land are nothing but greedy. We need to stand up and tell them to find someplace else to build. The people who work at the prison can get there easily, and they don't want to move elsewhere.
We don't need a new prison. If the people that live by the prison don't like it there, they should move.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- About Utah: Biggest weekend of the year at...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- In our opinion: Enhancing safe haven support...
- Infatuated with his good looks, the false god...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 58
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 53
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 48
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26