Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
The prison is in a place that no one wanted when it was built — the worst land in the Salt Lake Valley.
Now it's the best land.
The people who want this land are nothing but greedy. We need to stand up and tell them to find someplace else to build. The people who work at the prison can get there easily, and they don't want to move elsewhere.
We don't need a new prison. If the people that live by the prison don't like it there, they should move.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16