Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
The prison is in a place that no one wanted when it was built — the worst land in the Salt Lake Valley.
Now it's the best land.
The people who want this land are nothing but greedy. We need to stand up and tell them to find someplace else to build. The people who work at the prison can get there easily, and they don't want to move elsewhere.
We don't need a new prison. If the people that live by the prison don't like it there, they should move.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks the...
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Jenet Jacob Erickson: Understanding family...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 39
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 38
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 28
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Insurance website 21
- Letter: Buying politicians 20
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 19