Perhaps people should stop spending hours analyzing an ancient artifact in the Mayan Calendar that ends. Instead, spend a few minutes looking at our nation's national debt clock, which in contrast is still ticking.
Rather than wonder about meteors coming out of nowhere and suddenly striking the Earth and causing chaos, worry about North Koreans instead. Spend less time pondering the zombie apocalypse. Think about wars that are happening.
If you are serious about your imagined pop-culture Facebook and Twitter Armageddons, you can post about America's economy or a World War III, and the rest of us will thank you for your insight.
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11