Perhaps people should stop spending hours analyzing an ancient artifact in the Mayan Calendar that ends. Instead, spend a few minutes looking at our nation's national debt clock, which in contrast is still ticking.
Rather than wonder about meteors coming out of nowhere and suddenly striking the Earth and causing chaos, worry about North Koreans instead. Spend less time pondering the zombie apocalypse. Think about wars that are happening.
If you are serious about your imagined pop-culture Facebook and Twitter Armageddons, you can post about America's economy or a World War III, and the rest of us will thank you for your insight.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...