Perhaps people should stop spending hours analyzing an ancient artifact in the Mayan Calendar that ends. Instead, spend a few minutes looking at our nation's national debt clock, which in contrast is still ticking.
Rather than wonder about meteors coming out of nowhere and suddenly striking the Earth and causing chaos, worry about North Koreans instead. Spend less time pondering the zombie apocalypse. Think about wars that are happening.
If you are serious about your imagined pop-culture Facebook and Twitter Armageddons, you can post about America's economy or a World War III, and the rest of us will thank you for your insight.
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- National debt not just financial issue...
- Letter: Put people in control
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27