Ravell Call, Deseret News
As I waited for the FrontRunner at the Salt Lake Central station yesterday, I lamented the station's unappealing presentation as I looked at the Rio Grande Station, now a museum. The design of the so-called "central" must prompt questions in the minds of visitors whether they have arrived at a flag stop — not a proud metropolitan city.
We have in this wonderful city two grand railroad stations. Yet, we settle for what is essentially an open air flag stop, as if rail travel was not considered in the planning of the Gateway.
I think the concept of merging rail, light rail and bus service is a superb idea, but the manner in which it has all been brought together is shameful. Kudos, however, for the magnificent commuter train itself.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18