Ravell Call, Deseret News
As I waited for the FrontRunner at the Salt Lake Central station yesterday, I lamented the station's unappealing presentation as I looked at the Rio Grande Station, now a museum. The design of the so-called "central" must prompt questions in the minds of visitors whether they have arrived at a flag stop — not a proud metropolitan city.
We have in this wonderful city two grand railroad stations. Yet, we settle for what is essentially an open air flag stop, as if rail travel was not considered in the planning of the Gateway.
I think the concept of merging rail, light rail and bus service is a superb idea, but the manner in which it has all been brought together is shameful. Kudos, however, for the magnificent commuter train itself.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 18
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14