Ravell Call, Deseret News
As I waited for the FrontRunner at the Salt Lake Central station yesterday, I lamented the station's unappealing presentation as I looked at the Rio Grande Station, now a museum. The design of the so-called "central" must prompt questions in the minds of visitors whether they have arrived at a flag stop — not a proud metropolitan city.
We have in this wonderful city two grand railroad stations. Yet, we settle for what is essentially an open air flag stop, as if rail travel was not considered in the planning of the Gateway.
I think the concept of merging rail, light rail and bus service is a superb idea, but the manner in which it has all been brought together is shameful. Kudos, however, for the magnificent commuter train itself.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 42
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26