Ravell Call, Deseret News
As I waited for the FrontRunner at the Salt Lake Central station yesterday, I lamented the station's unappealing presentation as I looked at the Rio Grande Station, now a museum. The design of the so-called "central" must prompt questions in the minds of visitors whether they have arrived at a flag stop — not a proud metropolitan city.
We have in this wonderful city two grand railroad stations. Yet, we settle for what is essentially an open air flag stop, as if rail travel was not considered in the planning of the Gateway.
I think the concept of merging rail, light rail and bus service is a superb idea, but the manner in which it has all been brought together is shameful. Kudos, however, for the magnificent commuter train itself.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 54
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 30
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 24
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20