Ravell Call, Deseret News
As I waited for the FrontRunner at the Salt Lake Central station yesterday, I lamented the station's unappealing presentation as I looked at the Rio Grande Station, now a museum. The design of the so-called "central" must prompt questions in the minds of visitors whether they have arrived at a flag stop — not a proud metropolitan city.
We have in this wonderful city two grand railroad stations. Yet, we settle for what is essentially an open air flag stop, as if rail travel was not considered in the planning of the Gateway.
I think the concept of merging rail, light rail and bus service is a superb idea, but the manner in which it has all been brought together is shameful. Kudos, however, for the magnificent commuter train itself.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28