Weber State basketball: Wildcats look to win fifth straight against Portland State
PORTLAND, Ore. — Weber State returns to action after a convincing, 74-53, win over Eastern Washington to begin Big Sky play.
The Wildcats (5-3) will look to build off the win, in which they led by as many as 27 points in the second half, against Portland State (3-5) today at 7:30 p.m. at the Peter W. Stott Center in Portland.
The Vikings enter winners of two straight, behind senior forward Renado Parker (11.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg) and senior guard Michael Harthun (11.3 ppg), after dropping five consecutive games. However, during the losing streak, they faced Oregon, Oklahoma State and Oregon State. The three teams have combined for a 26-5 record this season.
WSU maintains a 30-11 all-time series advantage over Portland State and has won five of the last six meetings, including four straight.
Kyle Tresnak had another strong performance against Eastern Washington, scoring 14 points with five boards. On the season, Weber State is 4-0 when Tresnak eclipses double-digit scoring, compared to 1-3 when he doesn't.
— Trevor Phibbs
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (5-3, 1-0) at Portland State (3-5, 1-0)
Tonight, 8:30 p.m.
Stott Center, Portland, Ore.
TV: none Radio: 106.9 FM
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: The night the rim got wide as a...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Morning links: Hayward becomes 'gaming...
- 3 Utah football coaches promoted in staff...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 71
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 60
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39