Weber State basketball: Wildcats look to win fifth straight against Portland State
PORTLAND, Ore. — Weber State returns to action after a convincing, 74-53, win over Eastern Washington to begin Big Sky play.
The Wildcats (5-3) will look to build off the win, in which they led by as many as 27 points in the second half, against Portland State (3-5) today at 7:30 p.m. at the Peter W. Stott Center in Portland.
The Vikings enter winners of two straight, behind senior forward Renado Parker (11.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg) and senior guard Michael Harthun (11.3 ppg), after dropping five consecutive games. However, during the losing streak, they faced Oregon, Oklahoma State and Oregon State. The three teams have combined for a 26-5 record this season.
WSU maintains a 30-11 all-time series advantage over Portland State and has won five of the last six meetings, including four straight.
Kyle Tresnak had another strong performance against Eastern Washington, scoring 14 points with five boards. On the season, Weber State is 4-0 when Tresnak eclipses double-digit scoring, compared to 1-3 when he doesn't.
— Trevor Phibbs
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (5-3, 1-0) at Portland State (3-5, 1-0)
Tonight, 8:30 p.m.
Stott Center, Portland, Ore.
TV: none Radio: 106.9 FM
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 52
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 52
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 43
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 34
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 23
- Video: 100 days until college football... 17
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 10