Keith Srakocic, Associated Press
It was extremely disheartening to read the comments of Rep. Jim Matheson, Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Sen. Orrin Hatch, all of whom have received money from the NRA in the last election.
At the least, three measures everyone ought to support are reinstating the ban on military-style assault weapons, restricting high capacity ammunition clips, and closing gun show loop holes.
Is it too much to hope that our elected officials would put our welfare ahead of pressure from the NRA?
Salt Lake City
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 49
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 42
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 40