Keith Srakocic, Associated Press
It was extremely disheartening to read the comments of Rep. Jim Matheson, Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Sen. Orrin Hatch, all of whom have received money from the NRA in the last election.
At the least, three measures everyone ought to support are reinstating the ban on military-style assault weapons, restricting high capacity ammunition clips, and closing gun show loop holes.
Is it too much to hope that our elected officials would put our welfare ahead of pressure from the NRA?
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32