Keith Srakocic, Associated Press
It was extremely disheartening to read the comments of Rep. Jim Matheson, Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Sen. Orrin Hatch, all of whom have received money from the NRA in the last election.
At the least, three measures everyone ought to support are reinstating the ban on military-style assault weapons, restricting high capacity ammunition clips, and closing gun show loop holes.
Is it too much to hope that our elected officials would put our welfare ahead of pressure from the NRA?
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Joy to the World — the...
- Jay Evensen: Fixing Salt Lake's Pioneer Park...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Prisons bring much positive change
- Richard Davis: The Christmas Truce of 1914...
- In our opinion: Un-merry 'PC' Christmas...
- Letter: Legislature's report card
- Letter: Utah's land grab
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 65
- Letter: Condoning torture 56
- In our opinion: Un-merry 'PC' Christmas... 51
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 37
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 31
- Letter: Utah's land grab 27
- Letter: Don't raise gas tax 25
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 22