Keith Srakocic, Associated Press
It was extremely disheartening to read the comments of Rep. Jim Matheson, Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Sen. Orrin Hatch, all of whom have received money from the NRA in the last election.
At the least, three measures everyone ought to support are reinstating the ban on military-style assault weapons, restricting high capacity ammunition clips, and closing gun show loop holes.
Is it too much to hope that our elected officials would put our welfare ahead of pressure from the NRA?
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- Robert J. Samuelson: Massive debt and little...
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Letter: Religion in office