Keith Srakocic, Associated Press
It was extremely disheartening to read the comments of Rep. Jim Matheson, Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Sen. Orrin Hatch, all of whom have received money from the NRA in the last election.
At the least, three measures everyone ought to support are reinstating the ban on military-style assault weapons, restricting high capacity ammunition clips, and closing gun show loop holes.
Is it too much to hope that our elected officials would put our welfare ahead of pressure from the NRA?
Salt Lake City
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22