Photographer: Landon Densley, Photographer: Landon Densley
A calendar of LDS-themed holiday events from around the United States and Canada.
Pipe organ recital: James Welch Christmas Carol Arrangements Recital, Dec. 22, 7 p.m., 1501 Walnut St., Berkeley, Calif.
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Festival of Lights, through Jan. 1 (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Temple Square: Choral and musical groups will present at the Assembly Hall, North Visitor's Center, Church Office Building, Family History Library and Joseph Smith Memorial Building various days from through Dec. 23. (See www.lds.org/events and then click on Temple Square Performances for a complete list); New Year EVE events, Dec. 29 and Dec. 31 (see www.lds.org/events and then click on "Temple Square Performances" and then "Christmas on Temple Square" for a complete list)
Conference Center: "Savior of the World," through Dec. 29, 7:30 p.m., Saturday matinees 2 p.m. (tickets required, www.lds.org/events )
Church History Museum: International Art Competition for Youth exhibit, through June 17, 45 North West Temple St. (see history.lds.org/artcompetition )
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on occasional Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to email@example.com and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of...
- Text of Obama's speech at Hiroshima Peace...
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering...
- What's new: 'The Washington Hypothesis'
- New Harmony: The haunting saga of a...
- Why the University of Miami plans to hire a...
- InterVarsity leader: 'I know what...
- Defending the Faith: Book of Mormon... 51
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response... 34
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 17
- First-edition Book of Mormon to be part... 16
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer,... 12
- Church slaying families accept pursuit... 6
- What's new: 'The Washington Hypothesis' 6