Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 31
- President should not act without... 27
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 25