Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- My view: Yesterday’s public education...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- My view: Utah has an export-import problem
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 39
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27