Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28