Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- On second thought
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 48
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 24