Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21