Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 32
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 20
- Letter: Pay for your share 20