Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- Robert J. Samuelson: Massive debt and little...
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Letter: Religion in office