Letter: Ben Franklin warned us, solution to school shootings is not disarm nation
What happened in Newtown, Conn., is more than a tragedy. It is a horrific atrocity. The solution, however, is not to disarm the nation or turn schools into armed camps.
Political correctness encourages discussion that the problem is people — not weapons. The solution is not to make weapons illegal for all but the military and law enforcement. Rather, it is to have a virtuous people who stand against hate, greed, and anger when they encounter them.
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
R. Spencer Robinson
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 39
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 23
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 21
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17