Utah State football: Matt Wells to be introduced as new Aggies coach today (+video)
LOGAN — Former Utah State quarterback Matt Wells will be introduced as the new head coach of the Aggies at a press conference today at 4 p.m.
Wells, who has served as USU's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach the past two seasons, replaces Wisconsin-bound Gary Andersen at the helm. The WAC champion Aggies capped off the most successful season in school history (11-2) with a win over Toledo last Saturday in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise.
The 38-year-old Wells played for USU from 1993-96 and earned a bachelor's degree in business marketing, graduating with honors. His coaching career includes stints at Navy, Tulsa, New Mexico and Louisville.
Fans can watch USU's official announcement via live streaming on www.utahstateaggies.com, or on the radio on KVNU (610 AM) in the Cache Valley.
In related news, the Deseret News has confirmed that Utah defensive line coach Chad Kauha'aha'a is leaving his alma mater after two seasons to join Andersen's staff at Wisconsin. They worked together at USU from 2009-10.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16