Utah State football: Matt Wells to be introduced as new Aggies coach today (+video)
LOGAN — Former Utah State quarterback Matt Wells will be introduced as the new head coach of the Aggies at a press conference today at 4 p.m.
Wells, who has served as USU's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach the past two seasons, replaces Wisconsin-bound Gary Andersen at the helm. The WAC champion Aggies capped off the most successful season in school history (11-2) with a win over Toledo last Saturday in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise.
The 38-year-old Wells played for USU from 1993-96 and earned a bachelor's degree in business marketing, graduating with honors. His coaching career includes stints at Navy, Tulsa, New Mexico and Louisville.
Fans can watch USU's official announcement via live streaming on www.utahstateaggies.com, or on the radio on KVNU (610 AM) in the Cache Valley.
In related news, the Deseret News has confirmed that Utah defensive line coach Chad Kauha'aha'a is leaving his alma mater after two seasons to join Andersen's staff at Wisconsin. They worked together at USU from 2009-10.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26