Reality show producer turns his attention to 'The Bible'
Our take: Like his popular show "Survivor," producer Mark Burnett's new mini-series was filmed in an exotic location but instead of voting competitors off islands, the goal of the "The Bible" is to bring viewers to Christ. Burnett and his wife, actress Roma Downey, are preparing to air their new show, which covers Genesis to Revelation, on the History Channel in March.
Famed reality show producer Mark Burnett has brought Americans popular programs like "Survivor," "The Apprentice," "Shark Tank" and "The Voice." But his next project, "The Bible," a mini-series set to air on the History Channel in 2013, may come as a surprise to some. The program, which takes the holy book from Genesis to Revelation and re-enacts it, will air in two-hour intervals over a five-week period.
Recently, TheBlaze attended a screening that was hosted by Burnett and his wife, actress Roma Downey ("Touched by an Angel"). After airing 90 minutes of the 10-hour series, the duo shared their passion for "The Bible" project, while also highlighting the intense process they went through to see the series come to fruition (Downey plays Jesus mother, Mary).
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Radiate goodness
- Hamblin & Peterson: John Knox and the...
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction?
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 167
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 36
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 13
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction? 12
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the... 11