Reality show producer turns his attention to 'The Bible'
Our take: Like his popular show "Survivor," producer Mark Burnett's new mini-series was filmed in an exotic location but instead of voting competitors off islands, the goal of the "The Bible" is to bring viewers to Christ. Burnett and his wife, actress Roma Downey, are preparing to air their new show, which covers Genesis to Revelation, on the History Channel in March.
Famed reality show producer Mark Burnett has brought Americans popular programs like "Survivor," "The Apprentice," "Shark Tank" and "The Voice." But his next project, "The Bible," a mini-series set to air on the History Channel in 2013, may come as a surprise to some. The program, which takes the holy book from Genesis to Revelation and re-enacts it, will air in two-hour intervals over a five-week period.
Recently, TheBlaze attended a screening that was hosted by Burnett and his wife, actress Roma Downey ("Touched by an Angel"). After airing 90 minutes of the 10-hour series, the duo shared their passion for "The Bible" project, while also highlighting the intense process they went through to see the series come to fruition (Downey plays Jesus mother, Mary).
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 30
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 27
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 18
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 13
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 12
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 11
- How would you describe God in just one... 11