Reality show producer turns his attention to 'The Bible'
Our take: Like his popular show "Survivor," producer Mark Burnett's new mini-series was filmed in an exotic location but instead of voting competitors off islands, the goal of the "The Bible" is to bring viewers to Christ. Burnett and his wife, actress Roma Downey, are preparing to air their new show, which covers Genesis to Revelation, on the History Channel in March.
Famed reality show producer Mark Burnett has brought Americans popular programs like "Survivor," "The Apprentice," "Shark Tank" and "The Voice." But his next project, "The Bible," a mini-series set to air on the History Channel in 2013, may come as a surprise to some. The program, which takes the holy book from Genesis to Revelation and re-enacts it, will air in two-hour intervals over a five-week period.
Recently, TheBlaze attended a screening that was hosted by Burnett and his wife, actress Roma Downey ("Touched by an Angel"). After airing 90 minutes of the 10-hour series, the duo shared their passion for "The Bible" project, while also highlighting the intense process they went through to see the series come to fruition (Downey plays Jesus mother, Mary).
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- LDS general conference marks 90th, 65th...
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly about...
- New Jersey teen to join fight against... 62
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 13
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Watch: September 2014 General Women's... 2
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 2