"He's a great player. He's got instincts and plays an NFL-style corner," BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman said of McFadden. "I would suspect he has a chance to play in the NFL, just watching him. They don't give him much help. We'll try and test him. We feel like we've got pretty good receivers, too. He's a good player."
EXTRA POINTS: BYU and San Diego State have played three common opponents. Both lost to San Jose State (20-14 and 38-34, respectively), both defeated Hawaii (47-0 and 52-14, respectively). Meanwhile, the Cougars fell 7-6 at Boise State, but the Aztecs knocked off the Broncos on the blue turf, 21-19. … BYU leads the all-time series with SDSU, 27-7-1. … The Aztecs haven't beaten the Cougars since 2005 — Mendenhall's first season at the helm. SDSU won that game at Qualcomm, 31-10.
Cougars on the air
BYU (7-5) vs. San Diego State (9-3)
Thursday, 6 p.m. MST
Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego
Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 102
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 69
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 55
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34