Sarah Palin: In Newtown shooting aftermath, put faith in God, not politicians and media 'elites'
Our take: Former governors, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, encouraged the country to turn to God as the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary looms over the United States. Paige Lavender, a reporter for The Huffington Post, shares Palin's and Huckabee's thoughts on God for a mourning nation.
"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin shared her thoughts on the Newtown school shooting Monday night, saying people should ignore politicians and the media who 'really have nothing meaningful to offe'' and instead focus on God.
"'First, all truly is hopeless if your faith and hope are put in any politician or media elite,' Palin wrote on Facebook. 'That is because the average person is more truthful and responsible than the average politician or media elite.'"
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- CVS tacks tobacco payment to prescription...
- Jurors given conflicting views of Jodi Arias
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on courage...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 82
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8