Sarah Palin: In Newtown shooting aftermath, put faith in God, not politicians and media 'elites'
Our take: Former governors, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, encouraged the country to turn to God as the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary looms over the United States. Paige Lavender, a reporter for The Huffington Post, shares Palin's and Huckabee's thoughts on God for a mourning nation.
"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin shared her thoughts on the Newtown school shooting Monday night, saying people should ignore politicians and the media who 'really have nothing meaningful to offe'' and instead focus on God.
"'First, all truly is hopeless if your faith and hope are put in any politician or media elite,' Palin wrote on Facebook. 'That is because the average person is more truthful and responsible than the average politician or media elite.'"
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in 2015...
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
- Obama administration allows 2-year extension...
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will...
- 23 Mormon missionaries in Ukraine transferred...
- Looking to win a battle in the 16th century?...
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians
- Former baseball star Mariano Rivera rescues,...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 22
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 20
- Thousands march in pro-invasion rally... 11
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 10
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10