Sarah Palin: In Newtown shooting aftermath, put faith in God, not politicians and media 'elites'
Our take: Former governors, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, encouraged the country to turn to God as the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary looms over the United States. Paige Lavender, a reporter for The Huffington Post, shares Palin's and Huckabee's thoughts on God for a mourning nation.
"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin shared her thoughts on the Newtown school shooting Monday night, saying people should ignore politicians and the media who 'really have nothing meaningful to offe'' and instead focus on God.
"'First, all truly is hopeless if your faith and hope are put in any politician or media elite,' Palin wrote on Facebook. 'That is because the average person is more truthful and responsible than the average politician or media elite.'"
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- In Ferguson, mundane choices lead to tragedy
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- Families uncover Civil War drama, 150 years...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Evangelicals with gay children... 18
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Attorney General Eric Holder:... 11