Sarah Palin: In Newtown shooting aftermath, put faith in God, not politicians and media 'elites'
Our take: Former governors, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, encouraged the country to turn to God as the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary looms over the United States. Paige Lavender, a reporter for The Huffington Post, shares Palin's and Huckabee's thoughts on God for a mourning nation.
"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin shared her thoughts on the Newtown school shooting Monday night, saying people should ignore politicians and the media who 'really have nothing meaningful to offe'' and instead focus on God.
"'First, all truly is hopeless if your faith and hope are put in any politician or media elite,' Palin wrote on Facebook. 'That is because the average person is more truthful and responsible than the average politician or media elite.'"
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 19
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 18
- Research: Native American genes have... 14