Sarah Palin: In Newtown shooting aftermath, put faith in God, not politicians and media 'elites'
Our take: Former governors, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, encouraged the country to turn to God as the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary looms over the United States. Paige Lavender, a reporter for The Huffington Post, shares Palin's and Huckabee's thoughts on God for a mourning nation.
"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin shared her thoughts on the Newtown school shooting Monday night, saying people should ignore politicians and the media who 'really have nothing meaningful to offe'' and instead focus on God.
"'First, all truly is hopeless if your faith and hope are put in any politician or media elite,' Palin wrote on Facebook. 'That is because the average person is more truthful and responsible than the average politician or media elite.'"
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended...
- How does the world feel about morals and...
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade...
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 24
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 18