Sarah Palin: In Newtown shooting aftermath, put faith in God, not politicians and media 'elites'
Our take: Former governors, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, encouraged the country to turn to God as the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary looms over the United States. Paige Lavender, a reporter for The Huffington Post, shares Palin's and Huckabee's thoughts on God for a mourning nation.
"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin shared her thoughts on the Newtown school shooting Monday night, saying people should ignore politicians and the media who 'really have nothing meaningful to offe'' and instead focus on God.
"'First, all truly is hopeless if your faith and hope are put in any politician or media elite,' Palin wrote on Facebook. 'That is because the average person is more truthful and responsible than the average politician or media elite.'"
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- Reports: Ferguson grand jury has reached...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon...
- At least 17 killed in Egypt by building collapse
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage vow not...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 56
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 45
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 24
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15