Sarah Palin: In Newtown shooting aftermath, put faith in God, not politicians and media 'elites'
Our take: Former governors, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, encouraged the country to turn to God as the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary looms over the United States. Paige Lavender, a reporter for The Huffington Post, shares Palin's and Huckabee's thoughts on God for a mourning nation.
"Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin shared her thoughts on the Newtown school shooting Monday night, saying people should ignore politicians and the media who 'really have nothing meaningful to offe'' and instead focus on God.
"'First, all truly is hopeless if your faith and hope are put in any politician or media elite,' Palin wrote on Facebook. 'That is because the average person is more truthful and responsible than the average politician or media elite.'"
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Redistribution of homes begins in Utah FLDS town
- Investigators may have recovered up to 30,000...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- President Obama's immigration reforms seek to...
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Female wolf travels hundreds of miles to...
- US warns citizens to avoid resort of Acapulco
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 62
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 27
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 17
- Gay marriage issue squarely before high... 15
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14