With Sandy Hook Elementary still designated a crime scene, state police Lt. Paul Vance said it could be months before police turn the school back over to the district. The people of Newtown were not ready to address its future.
"We're just now getting ready to talk to our son about who was killed," said Robert Licata, the father of a student who escaped harm during the shooting. "He's not even there yet."
A funeral for a young girl who was among the 20 schoolchildren killed Friday in a shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school has been tentatively scheduled for Saturday in Ogden.
The family of 6-year-old Emilie Parker lived in Ogden before moving to Newtown, Conn., for a job. She was among those killed Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Brian Joy, a bishop for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who knows the Parkers, said the family will return to Utah on Tuesday in advance of a viewing Friday and a funeral Saturday.Funeral set
The family of 6-year-old Emilie Parker, who was killed in Friday's shooting rampage, is expected to arrive in Utah today as they prepare to bury the girl in Ogden. Her funeral has been scheduled for Saturday. Members from at least three LDS Church wards spent Monday evening putting up pink ribbons throughout the city in memory of the little girl. Story on B1
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal, Obama's...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' does $70.6M but...
- Navy dolphins discover rare 19th-century torpedo
- White House insists Obama was not involved in...
- Tea party looks to take advantage of moment
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 63
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- White House insists Obama was not... 18
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal,... 12
- President Obama walking a familiar path... 11
- Tea party looks to take advantage of... 10